1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured zoa names/morphs?

Discussion in 'Zoa Eye Candy' started by deb+wayne, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

Yes but all zoas are called zoanthids.

2. killi

killi Moderator & Jedi Master

Thats because they are all one species ,a different colour doesn't make it a sub species ,only a colour morph,TBH i looked on google for pink zoa,i found hundreds of images with at least 40-50 names for pink zoa ,some of these had different names ,but from the photos looked the same ,then like was said earlier they look different under different lighting ? if you think thats less confusing than saying[ pink zoanthids ,] fair play to you ,Just a quick point ,the other day i think you said you had some true dragon eye zoas ? so all the ones you have had before have been FALSE ???? how do you know this ?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  3. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

Confusednow :lol:

As for the names etc I usially look on zoaid. Buth most the pics are photoshopped or under 500 blue bulbs Hysterical

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
  4. Marine Life UK

Marine Life UK Registered

I just think as you have just said they are either photoshopped or under loads of blue bulbs so whats the point in the names then.
    Loads do photoshop images I dont as 1 I havnt the time and 2 I like people to see the corals under normal/standard lighting setups.
    I think the names are a silly idea and as Ive said before open to abuse as one persons Amour Of Gods is another persons pink zoas, I know people may be suckered in by the names but they are purely made up

5. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

Only problem is if your swapping a pink zoa and somebody already has one type its hard to tell if they are the same or different unless there is a good quality macro shot ofcourse.

At least with the names you should get different pinks.

Remember this for the zoa swap section. Not talking about shops/private sales etc.trying to get extra money because it has a fancy name :)

6. anguilla82

anguilla82 Registered

but still, trying to call it some made up name is not going to help the 'buyer' know what he/she is getting. only photos under different lighting (i.e. under whites and blues separately or if possible macro) will help with that.

7. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

Going to close this thread and start one in general chat. As it was not intended as a debate.

Just trying to form so database for zoaaddicts that use the names.

8. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice