1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Worried about RW 8

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by crustyrob, Jun 5, 2014.

1. crustyrob

crustyrob Registered

I have oredered these a few days ago, but I am finding bad reviews on other forums.

I have heard that the sync does not work properlly and they keep coming out of sync.

I have also heard they are really noisy.

Anyone on here got them yet?

If so any problems?

I may just send mine straight back for a refund

2. maxwell

maxwell Registered

Hi
    I ordered one approx a week ago for a frag tank build and it was still in its box and after reading your post i have tested it in my RO bucket and left it running on full speed settings its really quiet, i have not sussed out how to use the rotary speed control but am sure it will be ok on the right setting.Its working as a master so i cant comment on the sync .

Bill

3. crustyrob

crustyrob Registered

Thats good to hear. It was just someone on another forum was stating that the noise was terrible. So was just checking it out :)

Could do with someone using 2 or more to check out the sync problem as well. It is in the C program where the pumps keep slipping out of sync apparently.

A couple of people have commented on this problem.

Probally me just being over cautious, but if I pay the money. I want what is written on the tin and they state that you can sync up to 8 pumps in C mode. one master and the rest slaves.

Fingers crossed it is just a problem with a couple of units :)

4. Tobes_77

Tobes_77 Registered

Not so much Noisey, its not like the horrible vibrating/motor noise you get from cheap wave makers.... but it does make a sort of whirling/spinning noise which gets louder as the power is turned up. It is noticeable, ecpecially if your looking for something silent. If you have them on c mode, you can hear them switching on, and off contantly which makes it easier to notice.
    And on random mode, you can here them getting louder and quieter as the flow automatically goes up and down. It is quite annoying when your watching tv & you can hear it.

I would say tunze is much better & quieter...but obviously much more expensive! :)

5. crustyrob

crustyrob Registered

Do you have 2 on sync?

If you do have you had any problems with them falling out of sync?

6. Tobes_77

Tobes_77 Registered

yep theyr completely out of sync after 10 mins on c mode. I tried all the suggestions on other forums and nothing makes a difference. I emailed fish street, they said internet interups and to try reseting.. resetting doesnt work.

7. crustyrob

crustyrob Registered

Might just send mine straight back then. Thats the whole reason why I bought them :(

8. Tobes_77

Tobes_77 Registered

me to it sucks. The twin controller on their website aparently works without losing sync if you want to spend the extra £20.00 . other than that their not that good imo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice