1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Worcestershire/Herefordshire

Discussion in 'West Midlands' started by RedSeaMax130D, Dec 18, 2015.

1. RedSeaMax130D

RedSeaMax130D Registered

Anybody from the Worcestershire or Herefordshire area?

2. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Near Evesham. But only 1 month in to first tank.

3. RedSeaMax130D

RedSeaMax130D Registered

At least there's someone kind of local. Well about 15 miles from me. I'm only 3 months into my second tank. The first one I shut down after 6 months due to moving houses

4. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Lot of hard work for 6 months. Moving sucks. I've made my own tank and sump to fit my room. It's more expensive than I realised.

5. RedSeaMax130D

RedSeaMax130D Registered

The first tank went a bit wrong and I didn't really look after it like I should of. This one I currently have is a custom built Cube and I have a lot more time on my hands with work to be able to do things properly this way around. I haven't got a sump but I may look into getting one further down the line. It definitely is expensive but so worth it, in the end :)

6. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Well I hope this one does work out for you. Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing some beautiful fish/coral. Helps the missus is into it!! I was advised by local fish shop to do sump. Makes water changes easier. Main tank looks tidier hiding equipment.

7. RedSeaMax130D

RedSeaMax130D Registered

I've just bought and reserved a pair of black clowns, picking them up next weekend so they can have an extra week in quarantine. Luckily I have a wier in my tank so can't see any equipment. Pretty much the same as a sump really. But wouldn't mind increasing the tank total volume and getting more kit further down the line so a sump maybe on the cards in 12 months or so

8. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Nice little Christmas present!! We have ordered a black ice clown. The clowns are pretty cool. Great character. Oh one of them. I looked at them but they all made the tank depth to deep for the room.

9. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Where is your fish shop. I travel a lot with work always looking for new shops to visit.

10. RedSeaMax130D

RedSeaMax130D Registered

I always use A.I Aquatics in Worcester :) wouldn't go any where else. They can order anything you want in and get any stock

11. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Cool. I'll have a drive up. Thanks.

12. NJOgden

NJOgden Registered

Hi Guys I've recently moved into the area

Neil