1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Worcestershire/Herefordshire

Discussion in 'West Midlands' started by RedSeaMax130D, Dec 18, 2015.

1. RedSeaMax130D

RedSeaMax130D Registered

Anybody from the Worcestershire or Herefordshire area?

2. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Near Evesham. But only 1 month in to first tank.

3. RedSeaMax130D

RedSeaMax130D Registered

At least there's someone kind of local. Well about 15 miles from me. I'm only 3 months into my second tank. The first one I shut down after 6 months due to moving houses

4. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Lot of hard work for 6 months. Moving sucks. I've made my own tank and sump to fit my room. It's more expensive than I realised.

5. RedSeaMax130D

RedSeaMax130D Registered

The first tank went a bit wrong and I didn't really look after it like I should of. This one I currently have is a custom built Cube and I have a lot more time on my hands with work to be able to do things properly this way around. I haven't got a sump but I may look into getting one further down the line. It definitely is expensive but so worth it, in the end :)

6. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Well I hope this one does work out for you. Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing some beautiful fish/coral. Helps the missus is into it!! I was advised by local fish shop to do sump. Makes water changes easier. Main tank looks tidier hiding equipment.

7. RedSeaMax130D

RedSeaMax130D Registered

I've just bought and reserved a pair of black clowns, picking them up next weekend so they can have an extra week in quarantine. Luckily I have a wier in my tank so can't see any equipment. Pretty much the same as a sump really. But wouldn't mind increasing the tank total volume and getting more kit further down the line so a sump maybe on the cards in 12 months or so

8. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Nice little Christmas present!! We have ordered a black ice clown. The clowns are pretty cool. Great character. Oh one of them. I looked at them but they all made the tank depth to deep for the room.

9. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Where is your fish shop. I travel a lot with work always looking for new shops to visit.

10. RedSeaMax130D

RedSeaMax130D Registered

I always use A.I Aquatics in Worcester :) wouldn't go any where else. They can order anything you want in and get any stock

11. martincowley

martincowley Registered

Cool. I'll have a drive up. Thanks.

12. NJOgden

NJOgden Registered

Hi Guys I've recently moved into the area

Neil

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice