1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Why So Quiet...?

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by jordlr, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jordlr

jordlr Registered

Why is the forum so quiet? I haven't used it for a while but logged in to update my tank thread at 05:20am..... new posts since then...3! And one of those was a response to a comment I made on a classifieds thread so in reality it been 2. Two posts made in 13hrs is crazy... such a shame.

As a comparison the other site I use has had 168 new posts. Members online now, this site 22, the 'other site' 568....

I guess lack of activity breeds further lack of activity.... I will still pop in though to update my thread.

2. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Forums been through a lot of changes in the last few months, some good and some not so good and quite a lot of members leaving, fortunately the not so good is behind us now.
    We are picking up some new members and getting more visitors but yes it would be better if there were more people posting.
    Whether it will ever get back to how it was. I’m not so sure, on the plus side the forum is still here and here to stay,,
    Just needs using.

Doug.

3. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

And there wa me thinking it’s getting a bit busier

4. doug_amanda

I think it is Jim, but it still could be a lot busier, I think Jordlr hit the nail,, it needs to get busy to get busy.

5. les

les Registered

I think the layout of the forums has to take some blame, I don't care much for the subforums within forums. Take a look at R2R it is much neater and straightforward IMO. I would also like to see a general reefing forum like others have so when a topic doesn't quite sit in comfortably with other forums so well

6. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

It's like sleepy hollow on here sometimes, is a good job I'm happy with my own company and I often feel like I'm just talking to myself (even though I can see my posts have been viewed......I don't always get any replies) :(

7. poohpouri

poohpouri Registered

Your not alone there, I get views and no replies

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

8. doug_amanda

Unlike sleepy hollow at least here we get to keep our heads,

No replies and getting your head lopped off,, now that would be naff.

steve861uk and poohpouri like this.
  9. Realist

Realist Registered

Hi all,

Its nice to see the forums still being used but saddens me its not being used as much as it should be specially with the wealth of information, topics, members SB has but picking up what Les said about the look and feel.

When I sold SB I paid 50% for a unique style and look to the forum and I hoped that would of been completed at quite a bit of money but I didn't happen and yes I lost quite a few quid on that.

It needs marketing, more staff that are willing to put useful information on the forum topics, reviews, ideas etc and this should bring in new and old blood and start a revival so to speak.

I've not been active here for obvious reasons but I do hope members old and new use SB for what it is a wealth of knowledge and info and a great place for banter and a bit of fun along the way.

Best wishes.

les, doug_amanda and jim_fitz like this.
  10. spiritwalker

spiritwalker Registered

But wot caused the down fall in the first place ?

11. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

dont think we need to go through that again :(

les, doug_amanda and penzo like this.
  12. city1111

city1111 Registered

I think from visiting at the time it was realists fault as he bought it and tried ruling like he was in North Korea and was deleting posts banning people and demoting and banning staff that had been on here yrs , so basically he is totally to blame in my eyes , shame but it’s there or was there for all to see before realist probably deleted it lol , just my opinion really , hope that helps ?

warby likes this.
  13. spiritwalker

spiritwalker Registered

Ahh I'm relatively new on here and it seemed to go down hill fast shame

14. les

les Registered

Agreed but some people just can't let it drop and it would seem some people want to kick it all off again racking over old ground with more finger pointing. What was, was and it's all water under the bridge with what happening quite some time ago now. Mistakes were made it is true and they were admitted too. If I was a conspiracist I could say there are those who don't wish Salty Box to rise again for their own agendas. Fact is there is a new owner who promised much but we are still waiting for the "improvements" be rolled out. Other groups in the meantime have been formed but from what I see they are hardly flourishing in the wake of. So how about instead of bitching and raking up the past for whatever reason, people contribute positively to the forum, just an idea but hardly radical. :)

taxidermyem and doug_amanda like this.
  15. Realist

Realist Registered

Its a real shame as Les has stated bringing up old news, owe well.

Thanks all this is my very last post here as I don't wish to contribute to what I see coming is negativity but I do hope that the new owners start bring in new life to the place.

Owe and as a final though, I see the same faces clicking likes to certain posts, not needed or called for but again I cant control it, stop it or try and get some order in place only the admin, staff can do that.

Best wishes all.

doug_amanda and les like this.
  16. doug_amanda

I can’t see this thread going anywhere but downhill from now so closing it to further replies.

Doug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice