1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured What Happened Here

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by fuzzyferret83, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Realist

Realist Registered

I’m still about but no longer have any sort of aquatic system which is a shame as I miss the little mites.

The forum well I made a few mistakes yes but if I had known the new owners would let this great forum go down the pan so fast, not providing any help, participate or provide support I would of never sold it to them but I got out after all the slagging I got and had enough.

The hobby is now becoming less and less and people looking for help and advice are turning to the likes of google and Facebook and at one point I had SB ranked no1 in the google search engines which took time and money and now, well all that works gone, shame.

The forum can be brought back but it mainly a UK based entity and not known to cover a wider market like the USA so does it need a new owner to bring it back home to the UK?

Me I miss the good time and bad and I’ve run forums like this for over 20 years yes 20 years starting off with one forum called skytronic-forums and techtronox-forums which both went big and due to work and time I closed them down. My son started his own forum with my help and it’s now the no1 of his content on the internet today and that’s ragezone.com.

Me, the staff here now need to get hold of the owner give his a kick up the arse as he promised to do good things here and so far that’s gone down the pan, even I paid 50% up front £300 for a new look and feel in a new template in an attempt to get this forum to grow but when I sold it the new owner wasn’t interested again shame.

Advertisers was needed when I had the forum to help with the running costs it wasn’t cheap but the new owners have their own servers with other sites on so costs are covered.

Anyway best wishes all.

doug_amanda likes this.
  2. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Good to see you still pop in from time to time Brian :)

Realist likes this.
  3. Realist

Realist Registered

I’m about not active in the fish hobby any more.

Best wishes all and start pushing the owner big time.

Regards

jim_fitz likes this.
  4. reefloat

reefloat Registered

does anyone have a direct contact email for the owner?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice