1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured What algae?

Discussion in 'I.D Section' started by dg98, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Eyore

Eyore Guest

ah

those warm white will really not help you out- are these off? purple too?

2. dg98

dg98 Registered

White light off now Just going to run blues think purple on blue channel so I cannot control. Only have white and blue channel to control. Start again from day one I presume? Lights been off for a while now, and tank seems ok all bubbles algae looks gone. I did notice my turbo eating all over bubbles and seemed attracted to that area, so hoping it was not dinos. Presume you would expect bubbles on rock as algae grows as whites start coming on anyhow?

3. Eyore

Eyore Guest

hard to say

start from where you were excluding the night time blip, no point upsetting stuff.

tbh you may struggle with the lack of control over purple and warm white, but lets see how it goes over the next week or 2.

if needed i will guide you through a proper blackout

in truth though dinos is almost exclusively light dependant (once you have them) and any "bad" light will make it really hard to shift the stuff.

4. Colin

Colin Registered

Glad it's not been my tank but his has been a very interesting read :thumbup1:

5. dg98

dg98 Registered

Just an update on algae, seems something working, white lights been on for 6 hrs for a few days now and 4 hrs before that for a few days. Have fine dusting of algae in a few spots on sandbed believe this is not dinos as my cuc has woken up all of a sudden and are eating algae like it's out of fashion where before would leave it. Not sure if this dosing of excital is helping too.
    Have been a few bubbles popping up on sandbed and quite a bit on rock which cuc have cleaned up. Has been no stringy stuff as yet. If it is dinos I would think a lot of snails will die soon as been eating lots of brown algae, and the aggressive growth has been halted to a slow pace easily managed.
    My emerald crab has died don't think this is related to dinos, as I have lost all my crabs a month or so after introduction to tank strange but that's another thread. Cheers eyore again for your help, touch wood thoose dinos do not appear:D

6. Eyore

Eyore Guest

slow and steady mate

dont be in any rush to beat the dinos and whack the lighting back up.
    The longer you take the better!

no probs at all btw

7. dg98

dg98 Registered

Will do, haven't purchased any corals for tank for month since this algae cropped up, money burning hole in pocket itching to buy some corals. Am going to keep my white lighting at 6 hrs and hour either side with blues. I am leaving at that for now. Am seeing good growth with reduced lighting and increased dark hours so am leaving it at 6hrs corals seem very happy.
    Have also purchased a jebao wave maker powerhead got a bargain, my powerhead rattling a bit, more than enough flow with jebao hoping it will create better flow on sandbed further assisting algae prevention. It will probably create snow globe :D
    Cheers again hope I will not be returning to this thread in coming weeks.

8. Stevennum

Stevennum Registered

American entertainment magazine Playboy announced the launch of an online art gallery in the form of non-fungible tokens.
    Source:
    News in the World of Cryptocurrencies.

All magazine covers will appear as NFT tokens
    American entertainment magazine Playboy announced the launch of an online art gallery in the form of non-fungible tokens. The magazine's partner is the Nifty Gateway platform based on the Ethereum blockchain. It will feature an extensive collection of art and photographs from over 70 years.

The magazine has gone in a more progressive direction since the late Hugh Hefner's family sold their last stake in Playboy Enterprises back in August 2018 and a team of millennial editors gave it a new look. Long after its heyday in the 1970s, this iconic magazine is trying to reinvent itself and find a new audience with the help of NFT.
    Brands are aiming for NFT, but the market is falling
    Note that PlayBoy is not the first global brand to use NFT technology. More recently, it became known that the Italian fashion house Gucci may join the ranks of companies that have joined the non-fungible token (NFT) market. However, it remains unknown when approximately and what kind of NFT tokens luxury brands can present.

One of the barriers to entering the NFT market may be its systematic decline, which was outlined at the end of March. According to Nonfungible.com, which monitors the state of the market for non-fungible tokens (NFT), their average value peaked in February at $ 1,400, which has since dropped by 70%.

The rapid reversal has given rise to speculation that the bubble in the NFT segment is about to burst. However, not everyone agrees with such statements. Critics point out that the crypto industry as a whole has also been compared to a bubble many times. However, every time she was restored and went to a new level.

Celebrities such as Snoop Dogg, Al Walser, Pussy Riot, Lindsay Lohan and many others have already released their own NFT tokens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice