1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Weight loss for new year

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by heller792, Dec 30, 2013.

1. heller792

heller792 Registered

I'm he first to admit since my back injury got worse I've piled the weight on and over the Christmas spell it's got worst. So I plan on loosing 2 stone before I turn 40 in April.
    Does anyone else feel like me, sometimes it's better to do these things knowing other people are doing the same.

Dave.

i use my fitness pal on iPhone, android and PC and you get a fancy widget for on your forum signature to keep on track.

2. r21

r21 Registered

Just want to say good luck mate, I think you feel so much better when you do a bit of exercise, I've used fitness pal before too and its a good way to measure and track your fitness

3. jd5000

jd5000 Registered

2 stone before april wow go for it .

i was thinking 1 stone before holiday 1st april then another stone before christmas ..

also thinking dynamo to power the fish tank that way could watch the tank and get fit and save on the leccy Big Thumbs Up

julie.

4. heller792

heller792 Registered

stuck in a vicious circle at the moment, don't exercise because of my back injury yet the more weight i put on the worse the back gets. Then the more my back hurts the more fed up i get and then i eat more and think f~*k it.

Time to change me thinks, Dave

5. heller792

heller792 Registered

What a cracking idea lol

6. androo

androo Registered

I agree with you totally pal I started banging the weight on again since leaving my old job, and I love food to!!!!! I know I need to do it and it gets to me to be honest but this is my new year promise this year!!! I just need to stick to it, I need to be strong!!!!

good luck Dave

7. heller792

heller792 Registered

8. androo

androo Registered

I know I have to do something, even bought myself a mountain bike to try and get out, when you get home you just can not be bothered!!!!!! Like I say I am just to lazy and like food lol dont get me wrong I don't mean takeaways etc just food in general, I need to do portion control!!!!!

9. jd5000

jd5000 Registered

Its what they made them fat kids do on that american show if they wanted to play on computer game they had to make enough power to run it..
    even our dogs going on a diet.
    julie.

10. heller792

heller792 Registered

Same here pal, I always have massive portions and finish them cause its on my plate. I have to admit im greedy but i do plan on serious changes now im close to 40

11. heller792

heller792 Registered

Im even going to do the boot camp exercise thing, a friend of mine has lost 5 stone since going since last march.

12. androo

androo Registered

I am close to 40 to pal I am couple of years of!!!! Just down loaded the app pal and put my coffee on it haha that's my breakfast!!!! Hopefully I will try and fill it in every time

13. heller792

heller792 Registered

how many calories has it give you per day? Mine is 1640

14. androo

androo Registered

There is a gym just opening near me but I think I need someone to help and encourage me just to help and push me along.......

15. androo

androo Registered

It's 2360 mine

16. heller792

heller792 Registered

wish mine was lol

17. androo

androo Registered

Lol I have put down I want to loose 4 stone which I think is a lot really but I need to this is my goal I have to be realistic and get my good/portions under control first then go from there!!! Stop eating sweets etc

18. heller792

heller792 Registered

now u just need the little signiture widget like I have under my posts on here

19. B1zbaz

B1zbaz Registered

I am going to got the gym again this year you need to take pictures before you start and then when you get fed up and feel like your getting nowhere you can look back and see the difference it's also best if you have a training partner as they can spur you on when you can't be bothered and vice versa start small and work you way up I'm starting with one day a week of healthy eating and working my way up one meal at a time I used to be 13 and half stone with 8% body fat and now I'm probably same weight but 20% body fat good luck to all I know I'm gonna do it

20. jennybugs

jennybugs Registered

Good luck with this [MENTION=11480]heller792[/MENTION] :)
    I joined Slimming World 4 weeks ago and have lost roughly 2lbs a week to get to my first half stone on Christmas Eve.
    I like the group side of SW as it keeps me focussed and I enjoy the fact that everyone else there is going through the same as me and we all want yo reach a goal. The small targets I set myself each week are just what I need to stay motivated and we even have a FB group to swap recipes and exercise ideas etc.
    I decided to do something about my lifestyle before Christmas and am very pleased I did. I didn't struggle through the festive eating at all and made mostly sensible choices food and drink wise.
    2 stone by April is a good target and I hope you succeed :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice