1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Wave Maker

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by trumpet30, Dec 4, 2017 at 11:41 AM.

1. trumpet30

trumpet30 Registered

I have a fixed wave maker in my tank and want to know where the best place to locate it is.

Should it be an inch or two below the surface facing the surface to aid air exchange or would I best best placing it lower in the tank to aid water movement around the rock etc.

At the other end I do have the sump return flowing near the surface. So some surface agitation is already occurring.

Advice welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mr Dave

Mr Dave Registered

The best place its where it will give a full circulating flow around your system, if not you will end up with dead spots which nutrient build up will occur (thets behind this can lead to problems and even a tank crash)
    Make sure the flow gets behind the rock work)

As a starting point put it on the side 1" below centre and 1" off centre to the rear of the tank and go from there