1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Vision 450-Coral Tragedies

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by Funkymonkey, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

re: Vision 450-Coral Tragedies

I've binned off the aqua phos being gravity fed through a di pod. It just kept grinding to a halt so I've put the aquaphos in a bag in the sump and gone back to rowa in my chippy reactor

Also added a bag of rowa carbon.

2. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

re: Vision 450-Coral Tragedies

And just remembered....... My urchin is still eating sps which won't be helping so Ste, even if I have to strip my tank to get to it, it's coming to you on Friday :)

3. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

A big thanks for today. Without me asking nev has given me a huge green purple rimmed plate and Liam gave me a potters angel

Cant thank you both enough :clap: Both look great in my tank

4. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

Tests done at LFS, nitrate now at 5, I'm putting this down to the fm ultra life and phosphate now at zero thanks to the trusty rowa :)

5. ZombieTuesday

ZombieTuesday Registered

Excellent !

Pics?

6. screwloose

screwloose Registered

you deserved a bit of good cheer after all the losses you had ;)

unfortunately you didnt call for your invoice,,so interest will accrue on a pro rata basis until ya do ;)

aww carpp,,i got go frikkin work, now....................................pap

7. liam0

liam0 Registered

I was going to advertise it 'free to a good home' but figured this tank would do........... Hysterical

I jest funk, I jest. I didn't advertise as I wanted the perfect home for it.

8. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

Cheers guys :)

Had a nightmare after leaving yours for nevs Liam, went past nevs to a spar for cash back only they didn't do cash back. Drove on and after hitting country lanes turned round and headed towards Leigh for a shop, no joy and ended up at that roundabout back near yours :lol: Rang nev all stressed as had to be back for after school club finishing and going back another time now. What a disaster!

Pics of new additions will be another day, time to get the kebab ordered ready for the footie. my little lad loves the angel btw :)

9. liam0

liam0 Registered

Hysterical Never mind mate, hopefully my tank will be less acidic next time you're up this way and will have stock in. The lads got good taste in fish! The angels a great looking fish mate, with the radiums I can only imagine it will look even better too.

10. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

I do love the radiums :) good news is its not at all afraid of my bully sailfin, must be after being in with all your fish

Your tank looks fantastic mate, you've done a good job with the rock. Are you keeping those bulbs that were in or buying new?

I couldn't get at my urchin to get it out so I'm going to have to watch it near this plate

Ordered a curry and bloody kick off delayed

11. liam0

liam0 Registered

Dwarf angels are little hard knocks mate, won't struggle to get that to hold its own. I'll stick with the bulbs that are in now until I have something that needs new ones mate. Not worth paying out for newbies when there's nothing that will suffer because of these.

I'm ordering a dominos in a minute, reduced fat cheese though. Hysterical

12. screwloose

screwloose Registered

yer if ya didnt wanna call,,ya could have just said :(

13. screwloose

screwloose Registered

and i have already told ya what to do with the urchin ;)

14. Carlos

Carlos Registered

Go fetch jake :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

15. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

After a battle to get to it the Urchin is now in the sump :dance:

16. screwloose

screwloose Registered

stickybob

17. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

As soon as mrs saw me reaching in with the Claw for it she shrieked what ya doin with it, alerting my 4 yr old, sticky bob may traumatise him for life so for now it's sumped, eating all my beneficial algae no doubt warming up to chew through a heater wire, it won't be staying sumped forever :) now it's easy to get hold of with no faffing I can take it to Stes with no dramas

18. liam0

liam0 Registered

Have you broke this down or something dude? Remember when you used to share your updates with us...........

19. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

Considering it atm :( since adding some frags the corals that were ok are fading away, possibly by flatworm I dunno.

Was going to add some of that clear fx pro but just don't see the point anymore! Getting advanced water test done via tanktests and that's about all I can be bothered with right now. It's a twig graveyard

20. liam0

liam0 Registered

dude that sucks, I didn't know you were having issues. When you say fading away what dya mean? Is it just certain types?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice