1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

V2Vecton LITE SET torch

Discussion in 'Shop Requests Section' started by Ged, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Ged

Ged Registered

Can anyone get one of these as a spare part?

Thanks

2. Lukini

Lukini Registered

I could do with one too [cool.gif]

3. MrLarner

MrLarner Registered

are you guys talking about the little torch you use to reset it?
    if so, i got 1 that i use as a key ring [011.gif]
    when i sold my V2 vecton 400 a few months back, i forget to give the bloke the torch.
    so from this point on, its up for auction, gets your bids in [011.gif] [011.gif]
    and before you ask, yes it still works, i aint ever used the torch, i just leave it hanging on my keys.

4. Ged

Ged Registered

Lukini - I just got an email off TMC offering to send a replacement one free. Try sending them an email, using the details off the contact us page on TMC's website.

5. TigerIssey

TigerIssey Registered

I wonder if they would replace mine, I got salt water on it and the keyring part has all rusted. [032.gif] [032.gif]

6. Ged

Ged Registered

I just emailed them saying I had lost it last night, and this morning there was an email asking for my address waiting I emailed that, and within 30 minutes or so I got an email back saying that it had been sent 1st class.

Excellent service, give it a try Tina.

7. TigerIssey

TigerIssey Registered

Will try that later Ged, say I had a leak (which on old tank I did from the UV pipework, my own fault) which has knackered it.

It still works ish as I reset a new a bulb on the 200 before moving from old to new tanks. It is just in a bit of a state as the rust goes into the body of it. [023.gif]

Thanks Ged [thumbup.gif]

Matt did not give me one with the 600 I got from him either :eek:00 :eek:00 :eek:00 :eek:00 :eek:00

8. Ged

Ged Registered

Luckily when I plumbed mine in last night, the light was green. So I didn't have to replace the UV bulb or reset it. I think tbh the unit had hardly if at all, been used. It looked like new. Bargain.

Get that email sent. ;)

9. TigerIssey

TigerIssey Registered

Ged, be aware that red light comes on after continual for use for I think 12 months. This is ok for green water.

If you are wanting to use because of Tangs, the bulb will need changing after 6 months for any bacteriocidal activity.

I therefore still keep a note of when I have changed the bulb.

10. Ged

Ged Registered

Thanks, never knew that. I have just put the 6 months date in the Aquatronica so it beeps it moobs off in 6 mths to remind me.

11. MrLarner

MrLarner Registered

they normally go orange before going red, i had a vecton 400 and it said bulb should be replaced every 12 months, but after 6-7 months its not as good but i did get an orange light after around 8 months which basically ment it was almost dead. so as long as its green your fine, but its good to keep a record of when it got changed.

12. Ged

Ged Registered

My torch arrived today, top service from TMC

13. eddie the landscaper

eddie the landscaper Registered

could i ask -what would happen if you happened to forget[oops-OOPS!] to change your bulb after 12 months??

14. Ged

Ged Registered

You would be wasting your electricity. A new bulb would be required to do the job that a UV unit does. They detriorate over time.

15. MrLarner

MrLarner Registered

12 months is just a rough estimate of how long it last, but if you had forgot to change it before it needed to be changed, it just wouldnt work,
    all it is, is a bulb inside which basically burns all the crap as the water passes it, or something along them lines.
    and if you dont renew the bulb, it wont be doing its job, so it'll be pointless having it on.

16. eddie the landscaper

cheers m8!-got a new bulb before xmas-but forgot all about it until i read this!!!¬

17. Ged

Ged Registered

Get it in there now, no excuses. :-:eek:

18. MrLarner

MrLarner Registered

When you put it in, try and write down somewhere on the blue casing the date you put it in, or on a bit of paper or a diary etc etc, so that way you'll never forget when it needs replacing.

19. eddie the landscaper

tomoz -when i get in from work-first job--SIR!!!!

20. rabbut

rabbut Registered

Just to remind you of Tina's comment, 12 months is great if your just trying to killing free floating algae spores, but that lamp will be useless against disease (and not just bacterial infections either) after just 6 months [002.gif] There is an Arcadia UV lamp that claims to last 12 months, but how true that is I don't know [023.gif]

As has been said, running a lamp for longer than 6 (not 12) months is just wasting electricity. This said, if you husbandry is good, I'd argue running a UV unit with a good lamp is just wasting electricity anyway =+ Good husbandry keeps your fish healthy, not UV. It's great to stop tank-to-tank spreading on centralised systems, and may clarify the water in high nutrient systems, but I've never seen UV to "treat" ill fish any more effectively than just keeping your hands out of the tank and leaving them alone with a good environment around them [001_smile.gif]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice