1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Use Of Ozone

Discussion in 'Reefs' started by phil hunter, Sep 9, 2019.

1. phil hunter

phil hunter Registered

Can anyone give advise on the use of ozone in a marine tank ?
    I have a heavily stocked 600l display with a 100l sump underneath . everything is ok but I get like brown dust on the gravel everyday and a slight yellow tinge to the water . I run a nyos quantum 160 skimmer , cheato , a reactor with bio pellets in and all my parameters are good . I recently connected a TMC o3 ozone generator with a ph / orp controller as I read online this was best practice . I also read the best parameters for ozone are -100 to +300 mv and mine are currently +240 so unsure wether I need / should run the ozone at all ? I also read reefers have run successful tanks up to +400/500 mv without any adverse effects to fish or corals . My tank has been running 12 months now and the brown dust coating has been a problem throughout which I have put down to it being heavily stocked but I'd like to rid it hense the ozone dilemma. Any advice and guidance would be grateful
    Phil

2. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

i ran it for a while when i set my tank up
    but never really thought it added much
    though the unit was probably undersized
    if you do run it you need to be aware the the hose on your skimmer may become brittle and snap

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice