1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Urgent

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by dannydization, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leopardshark

leopardshark Registered

See that's where your wrong ... I do accept that maybe it would have not been the solution and it could've Made matters worse ...

But equally it may have worked and theirs no evidence for against it I'd definitely give it a try if my fish were gasping for air at the bottom of my tank and someone said try hydrogen peroxide .. And was willing to guide me through it I'd catch like a lifeline

And the fact that you can get it from the chemist and people have it their cupboards ... Anyway that's all I'm saying I'm not going to argue about .. And I'm not going to insult anyone I'm bigger than that

2. screwloose

screwloose Registered

Well it's hypocrisy then,

to say that I am wrong when I am expressing my views experiences, but then equally so you expect me to take your opinions to be the way of the light.

As I said I dosed the peroxide, and tank went downhill very quickly....you can't test what your adding...so why would you risk that to an already unstable tank.....? Bad advice IMO.

just because they sell it at the chemist doesn't make it a potential additive to your tank

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  3. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

Bottom line though here guys, is that most of the fish survived, and when reading back through this 19 page topic, we covered a lot of ground on what could of been happening and possible solutions, at the time Danny was probably in a real state of panic, like most of us would of been at that time if we was new to this hobby like he is, therefore answering requests/questions was probably the last thing on his mind last night, so we were all left a little in the dark to exactly what was happening, what tests were done, and what stage he was at.

So I think some how between all of us that posted, we managed to do the best we could and the outcome shows that today. Big Thumbs Up

Now we need to try and get him back on track again with his tank.

4. leopardshark

leopardshark Registered

He really was a wreck lol ... Tbh I thought all his fish would die... Lucky sod

5. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Ok guys thanks again i do have to say goby died as i couldnt get him out of the tank and i have also lost the 3 cromis and at the minute the clowns are the only survivors but when i came down this morning i could tell a difference im the bigger one he was swimming around bit the smaller one was in my algae scooped him up and he swam off he seemed to pick up but took them to the shop and the little one went down hill but may have just been the journey.

I did to be fair [MENTION=11338]Hazey[/MENTION] i had one eye open found the seitch for the sump light closed both eyes turned it on and then looked with one eye to see one swimming and one in the algae yh lee is a good blke and got good stock mate you want to see his tank foookin huge got like 8 radions over it

6. dannydization

dannydization Registered

[MENTION=21065]leopardshark[/MENTION] i was a wreck mate they are my fave fish and getting it in the neck of the mrs with how much they cost even though i got a deal of [MENTION=14861]fish[/MENTION]place

7. leopardshark

leopardshark Registered

I know it's a costly lesson but you won't make the same mistake again I hope your clowns are ok..

8. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Sorry [MENTION=14861]fish[/MENTION]place i had crabs snails 3 cromis 2clowns 1 goby kenya tree coral clove polyp and an acan

9. dannydization

dannydization Registered

To be honest im expecting the worst for at least one of them but i do feel bad if they die cos i feel like ive put the pressure on them

10. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Also [MENTION=11338]Hazey[/MENTION] his new place is spot on man well nice its at the back of his house

11. tyger

tyger Registered

Just trying to catching up, glad the fish are still hanging on.

12. penzo

penzo Registered

Hope everything works out for you,and good job salty box members trying to help find a solution to his problems.Big Thumbs Up

13. Hazey

Hazey Registered

Defo gotta pay Lee's gaffe a visit....looks like I might have to have a jolly boys out in my Stealth to see it for my own eyes. If your off Danny when this trip occurs I'll give u a nod so we can meet up. Yes I've seen Lee's massive display tank on our forum when he was first setting it up.
    ;)

14. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Yh mate do that and ill meet you there mate its nice mate like his idea finish work bam hes home lol

15. Fishpalace

Fishpalace Registered

Is it near you and what's name as might drop in when next in Birmingham?

16. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Its not far from me mate its called marine aquatics he's on here mate

17. Hazey

Hazey Registered

New premises address:-

Marine Aquatics Limited
    (rear of) 43 leighswood Road
    Aldridge
    Walsall
    West Midlands
    WS9 8AH
    01922 455776

Open Hours
    Tuesday to Saturday 10am till 6pm
    Sunday 12 till 4
    Mondays closed

18. Fishpalace

Fishpalace Registered

Thanks, will drop in next time I am around although won't be for a few weeks.

19. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Took me a while to find literally look for house number 43 pull on his drive then u will see it at the back side of his house dont forget the recommendation

20. les

les Registered

I tried to keep out of this but some are being mischievous at the minimum. I won't revisit this thrae as I can't beive how childish (minimum) some can be on here.
    No doubt it adds oxygen,

Quote "it just isn't the be all and end all that Les says"

That is simply not true and I have never said such and you know it.
    One of the most respected authorities in marine keeping has tested an Oxydator for himself and now uses in his aquariums and is convinced of the benefits they bring. I could tell you who he is and the names of those who now also swear by them but given all the crap being spoken I can't be bothered anymore as I have said enough along with many more. Oxydators are also selling well in the USA and the benefits are well reported by others since using them. They are also use by many in Europe.

Quote "however don't add it neat....I tried neat to kill algae in small amounts and near caused a meltdown, this also has the ability to sterilise your tank if used incorrectly"

Correct, you did and it did but that's because you used it incorrectly no other reason. Of course it can sterilise your tank it's bleach for gods sake. but only if used incorrectly. I have brought fish round that were gasping on the aquarium floor it didn't wipe the tank out or nearly cause a meltdown as I used it correctly, it really is that simple.

I don't come on this site much these days as there are too many self-opinionated members who go out of their way to cause problems often bout things they have little real knowledge about. Reminds me of another well known UK based site which is a shame but that's the way I see it.

BTW skimmers often ADD CO which is far more soluble than O2 so a room with high CO2 levels will cause more problems that curing with a skimmer. It's for this reason some use CO2 scrubbers on their skimmers and in fact you can raise your PH as much as 0.3 using a C02 scrubber on your skimmer.

Right that's it hope your tank males a full recovery I won't be revisiting this thread again and few others no matter what is posted.

I will leave it to the rest.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice