1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Upgrading Cctv System

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by doug_amanda, Aug 31, 2018.

1. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Anybody know anything about cctv cameras?

We have a oyn-x system that is running 4 cameras, (it can run up to 8) picture quality is superb but it only lasts just over a week before it overwrites itself, I want to add another 2 cameras so I assume it will overwrite even quicker and ideally I want it to last more than two weeks, so I’m wondering if the hard drive inside can be upgraded at all,
    I’ve googled it a few times but there seems to be little or no information available,

I’ve also been told that if you don’t have notices up telling people of your cctv cameras then the videos can’t be used by the police to nab a thief or intruder, is that really true?

Thanks.

2. hotashes

hotashes Registered

Don't worry, the likes of police are already watching your cctv via the IP address ha ha.

Have you secured your network?

I only mention this as I've recently come across how easy it is for any Tom, [email protected] or Harry to snoop.

A.

3. doug_amanda

I doubt the police are watching other people cctv’s in burnley,

:cop1: :cop1: :cop1: :cop1:

They’re all too busy parked outside Greggs & Pizza Hut..

hotashes likes this.
  4. doug_amanda

Ok think I may have got this sorted, looking at the camera controls the frames per second can be adjusted for each camera, they were set at 25fps so have set them to 8fps and recording looks no different, so to my thinking they will record for three times longer before it overwrites itself. :watchout:

5. shazants

shazants Registered

Hey Doug, I know a thing or two about Cameras/NVR's/DVR's etc

Upgrading the HDD is usually dependent on two things ... the model and firmware running on it....... Most DVR's / NVR's come with the ability to change the HDD out for a larger one but will have limits on what size you can install.

Changing the FPS will allow you to record for longer over more camera's however the quality of the motion will deteriorate ... If you are happy with the quality that you see at 8fps then you should have no issues

6. DC110770

DC110770 Registered

I’ve just had x4 6k hikvision cameras installed. The fitter did tell me that you need some cctv signs showing. If you don’t then the little thieves can get away with it. You can get a pack of stickers off the internet for next to nothing so I would suggest you get some.

What has this Country come to? Bonkers!

7. doug_amanda

Just ordered some,, thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice