1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Unknown White Object

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by Sorted7, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Sorted7

Sorted7 Registered

Hi, just a quick one. Was wondering if anyone could tell me what this might be, it’s on the rock underneath one of my fuzzy green mushrooms. It wasn’t there at the beginning but have seen that it is more noticeable now and got bigger. Any help would be greatful. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. shady

shady Moderator Staff Member

Looks like some form of sponge, usually harmless and good filter feeder, sign of good water

3. Sorted7

Sorted7 Registered

Oh really, I have been having a good look in my tank and I can see a couple of small pineapple sponge, very tiny. I guessing this must be a different type of sponge then. All ok to leave in there then? Thanks

4. shazants

shazants Registered

Yeah defo looks like a sponge.... havent read anything bad about them... my tank has a few of them also .... not had any issues with them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice