1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured UK made Algae Turf Scrubber.

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by les, Dec 23, 2016.

1. les

les Registered

I have just ordered a UK made ATS which shall be with me early in the new year. No more extra extortionate shipping, no more added VAT. no more courier VAT collection fees and at a very reasonable price approx half the US ones. Looks very well made and incorporates new LED's. This uniot will easily handle a 600ltr plus system. :smile:

2. mgreenough

mgreenough Registered

Any chance of a link to the manufacturer?

3. les

les Registered

PM sent

4. les

les Registered

I notice the seller has updated his listing giving much more information about the ATS.

5. Steve_bham

Steve_bham Guest

Any chance of the link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. cuprajake

cuprajake Registered

Most cryptic post ever

7. les

les Registered

You obviously haven't read and done so many posts on here. Would you like a clue as most people seem to get it easily enough.

8. Steve_bham

Steve_bham Guest

I think the OP is referring to lack of info in post! You just said you got an ATS but no info or pics about it.

9. les

les Registered

Am away for 2 days will put pic's and spec up on my return. All people need to do is ask.

10. cuprajake

cuprajake Registered

All the hush hush just makes it look like your involved with the making or selling of them

TBH never looked in to scrubbers.

11. les

les Registered

Give over no hush hush. You obviously don't know me an only somebody like you wold think that way for crying out loud.

12. cuprajake

cuprajake Registered

Ok

Chill out lol.

No hush hush

Christ sake you pm'd the link to Someone. I'd say that was quite hush hush.

Anyways.

Good look scrubbing your tank. Hope it works well for you, have a mat who runs one,

13. les

les Registered

lol your so far off the mark it's unbelievable. You know forums are dying on thier feet and no wonder. I put things back into this hobby you obviously have no idea what so ever mate. Never mind then you keep.on doing what your best at but I better not say on here.

14. cuprajake

cuprajake Registered

You don't know me so please stop the smart arse comments about who I am or what I do,

I wasn't the only one to be clueless about your post as someone else also commented on that aspec.

And tbf I've learnt to take any info with a pinch of salt now as most people just chat $hit

If I hadn't of listened to expert advice my 3yrold reef would still be running. Instead I'm left with starting again.

Forums are dying because of Facebook, not people 'like' me who do try to contribute bth if this is your attitude giving advice, then the forums goosed.

Just because you have a lot of posts doesn't give you seniority, I've know guys with thousands of post most of them crap

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  15. Realist

Realist Registered

PM me the link pse Les.

16. les

les Registered

Will do mate but I might be accused of promoting stuff I am flogging or have some commercial interests in like some joiner come lately who thinks it's smart to have a go at wit has innuendo and the like of. I have been putting things back into this hobby I love and helping people for years but we have all seen these keyboard warriors trading to score points. Getting back on track I will let you know it it's an good when I have it and will pm the details to your when I get home mate.

17. cuprajake

cuprajake Registered

It's not point scoring bud, I'm not bothered about that
    Fwiw I found your thread on the other forum.

Is there some rule on here that stops you posting that like you did over there?

Your the one who got all uppity re my comment.

Don't see why you couldn't of don't the exact same post on here as ur,

Right said enough.

Back on topic

What makes and ats more effective than a macro algae in a refugium.

One thing from experience though. My last tank ran 50ppm nitrate, 2.0 phosphate. On canister and I never got any nuisance algae. So personally don't think both of those have as much as a bearing on algae as say light

Jake ps I'm not here for a fight, we all have the same goal

18. mgreenough

mgreenough Registered

I dont see what the issue is here as this forum does not have the rules where you cannot name non-sponsers, but les probably did not know that and opted to give out the details via pm which is fair enough. Most of the other forums are strict on the rule, hence why it may read like he is being secrative, which is not the case.

Link to the ats if anyone is interested, so we can try get this thread back on track.

THE ACU ALGAE SCRUBBER WITH RED & BLUE GROW LIGHTS | eBay

As far as design goes it looks pretty much like the santa monica one. The rating of the scrubber is misleading though as it states ideal upto 600 liters, which may cause confusion as it is all about screen size/lighting which dictates how much food you can feed for the ats to handle. If you do a lot of research on the net it shows that a 12" square screen illuminated with 12w equivalent flourescent light on both sides can handle 1 cube of food a day.
    One cube being equivalent of:
    1 frozen cube
    10 pinches of flake food
    10 square inches (60 sq cm) of nori
    0.1 dry ounce (2.8 grams) of pellet food
    3.25 mL of liquid coral food

So going by the scrubber above it has a screen size of 30.5cm x 14cm = 427cm (68" approx). So should be able to handle 5.5 cubes a day. That may be too big if you only feed 2 cubes a day for example as having an oversized screen may cut down on its efficiency.

So i would be interested in how you get on with it Les, and please keep us updated to how much you feed and how many fish you have.

19. Steve_bham

Steve_bham Guest

Thanks for the link, looks good be interested in how Les gets on with it.

20. Tech

Tech Registered

Watching

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice