1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Thinking About Trying A Saltwater Tank

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bluepikerman, Sep 27, 2018.

1. bluepikerman

bluepikerman Registered

I have been keeping tropical fish for over 12 years and shrimp for the last 3 years. I enjoy the challenge of keeping shrimp as the water has to be spot on to keep them alive and breeding.
    The next step for me is marine, i am finding that in the marine world there are a lot more things to consider and ultimately pay for to be successful, also little mistakes can be expensive.
    I wil try and ask my questions in the right sections, is this a good forum for begginers or am i better on another.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

2. shady

shady Moderator Staff Member

Hello and welcome, If your breeding freshwater shrimp then marine should be a doddle although slightly more expensive. All forums and internet sites are good for reading. Its working out what you believe that is the hard part. There is a lot of conflicting info out there as no tanks are the same. What works for one might not work for another.
    Don't worry if the questions you have are in the wrong section we will try our upmost to answer them , there are a lot of people on here with a lot of knowledge and if anyone does give potentially dodgy info then the next post is likely to contradict it or put a stop to it. Always do a lot of reading if you have time.

One of the old sayings is the best IMO " Nothing good happens in Marines fast but everything bad does "

Good luck and ask away

3. bluepikerman

bluepikerman Registered

Thanks ive done nothing but reading my head is spinning, the problem i have is the space iv have means the tank will be on the small size but i will ask away.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

4. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forum, there’s a lot of knowledgable people here so ask away :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice