1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

These Forums

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by Colin, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Colin

Colin Registered

As some of you may know, I've been a member of the Saltybox forum for a few years and I have to say it was the friendliest, most helpful forum I was a member of. Every aspect of it was enjoyable, unfortunately due to family illness I had to give up reefkeeping but now I find it has been bought by someone who appears to have no interest in the hobby at all died a death. I can only imagine it was bought as a means of selling the domain name to some shop somewhere for a profit. That ultimately will result in the loss of an awful amount of good information (and some happy memories for a lot of people too).

I think that is inevitable in the not too distant future and all I can ask is for members that want to maintain this community to call it a day here and move over to the new Saltybox at http://saltybox.co.uk/ . It is a brand new site but it has been set up by people who actually cared about this one, people who do not want to lose what was one of the best places on the internet for our hobby. Come and have a chat, post a tank thread, help new members out, come and support those who want to preserve what we once had here. Rest assured, this one will disappear, all this will be gone

doug_amanda and reefloat like this.
  2. reefloat

reefloat Registered

agree 101% - new site only been going 4 weeks but getting there slow but sure but we need the old (and new) members support

doug_amanda likes this.
  3. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

^^^^^^ 100% agree with above ^^^^^^^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice