• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

The SaltyBox (TSB) Under New Ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist

Registered
Hi all,

TheSaltyBox (SB) is or will be under my control very soon and have come to an arrangement with the owner Mr Durkin the sale of TSB as a whole to myself why...........

Yes I hate seeing a great forum with so much content go down the pan and I'll work my pants off to get SB back up their where it belongs.

I have no plans to change a thing unless people want to pass comments constructively or otherwise but its going to be a challenge and that needs forum users, content, staff, advertisers and love.

Chris will stay he has a vast knowledge and I'm not going to throw admin or mods out just for the fun of it we are all hobbyists and SB members so lets work together.

Myself, I've run many forums over the years and I know what its like to see a forum decrease in usage it hits you in the nuts and I hate that. One of my biggest forums was skytronic forums and Techtronic forums both technical forum back many years ago and that was HUGE but then that dropped in usage so I sold the database.

Anyway upwards and on wards as they say and a huge thanks to Chris his staff here and all members for what is a great forum that I will try my very best to keep going.

Brian

PS,

Any Advertisers have any concerns please, please PM me and we can have a chat but I have plans afoot that will benefit yourself that I mean any current, old and any future advertisers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Realist

Registered
Members will always be first but we hopefully will be upgrading so the photo issues specially now one major photo storage company has gone pay things will improve over time but SB still needs members, content etc without such the forum gets wasted and that's not going to happen.

merser

Registered
I'm sure this chris guy doesn't exist. Seen about 2 posts off him in all the time I've used this forum!

What's the plan to get it busier again then Brian? Be ace if you can accomplish that pal.

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realist

Registered
The forum has a few issues in the background that will get resolved but people are aware this takes time so watch this space.

Chris is alive and kicking and lives in a jar by the door lol.

CEECH

Registered
Best of luck Brian. This is a great site but has had majors ups and downs. It would be great to see it back up. I think some auctions would be ace to have where people can post an item for auction and sell. May also get more people coming onto the forum.

Realist

Registered
If their is an add-on available then yes its an idea that could introduce another means of user interaction.

Regards

CEECH

Registered
If their is an add-on available then yes its an idea that could introduce another means of user interaction.

Regards

I think its only to add a new section in the sales area really and come up with a set of rules to the way it will be setup.

Realist

Registered
I sure their is a hack add-on available for auction via VB software positive I seen it a while ago but yes if it can be added it will be under a new section of the sales area.

Realist

Registered
You'll get negativity in all forums regardless but positivity comes from all involved and if members and staff don't interact then SB will fail.

Upwards and onwards is the word of the day.

Realist

Registered
What was said about life is like a box of chocolates?

And forums are the very same you don't know what your going to get at the end of the day.

4000holes

Registered
I don't know when this was posted as on tapatalk. and I'm **** with technology. But why not merg some sections.

At the moment they are very specific. Not saying that's a bad thing in general. But if it will make it same more quiet. less sections = more posts going into each section.

I know it's not resolving the issue directly. or maybe it is. for new members the busier is seems the more likely they are to stay.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4000holes

Registered
Also Facebook. it's the world's biggest advertising platform and it's free.

The SB Facebook page isn't very busy. advertise it on other fish fb pages. then direct them to the forum if they like....Instagram. #hastags get likes etc from random people not linked to Sb Instagram page...direct them to forum aswell.

4000holes

Registered
Facebook hate it with a vengeance give me a forum any day.
Yeh but your using Facebook to bring people to your forum??? And not all people are you. Your basically running a brand 'The Salty Box' for people, not yourself.

You asked for ideas. Looks like taking non on board.

I've not been on here for a few year and bloody hell its quiet.

Realist

Registered
I'm not in control of the Facebook page M8 that's ran and owned by someone else so cant do anything about that sorry.

Unless those that have ownership over it pass that onto myself which would be a great help to the forum and its members.

Hodgy_2k5

Registered
It's great to hear that TSB is here to stay, I've only been a member a couple of months and everyone has been so helpful.

I'm not a huge Facebook user, however have signed up for various marine groups when looking to buy and sell bits. In my opinion it's easier on FB as it's instantaneous, people posting and replying. However if more people are logging in and posting more frequently then its only a good thing. I also think the auction section is great as it'll take away from eBay and fee's etc so better for buyer and seller, as long as people are genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.