1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured The Salty Box Forums Has New Owners

Discussion in 'Salty Box News' started by Realist, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Realist

Realist Registered

I'm staying away life's to short but post guys come on its a forum with a wealth of information.

But best of luck all.

2. Brent W

Brent W Admin Staff Member

It starts with simply posting and helping others. We have more plans but don't want to make too many changes to fast. The biggest change will happen within the next few weeks with a new homepage highlighting some of the best content this site has had over its history and all the new great content that is created in the future.

Neither I nor any one else with the ability to delete posts have deleted them. All posts that were deleted were deleted by the people who created them.

Gweeds1980 likes this.
  3. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

The salty box was known as one of the most friendly and informative reef forums on the net, there's no denying it for a while it lost that status along with a good few members but we are now at least enjoying a period of stability and with that will come new members and some returning old members and some sort of return to the way things were, hopefully better,,
    that's the way I see it anyway.
    The deleted posts in this thread were deleted by the OP themselves rather than any staff or admin.
    I don't think at the min anybody knows what direction Brent is going to take the forum but from his posts to date I'm confident he has good plans move it forwards in a positive way which can only be good for the hobby.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:Go Brent Go :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Gweeds1980 and Brent W like this.
  4. Brent W

It is your forum not mine. I may keep it up and running and do things I think help foster a friendly and helpful community but in the end its pointless without people like you who care about it.

We bought this forum because its great. You don't reach a million posts without good things happening. My job is to make sure the forum keeps up with the big boys competition wise and give you all the means to do what you love. It is how my first forum I ever created grew so large. Great, friendly people is the way to go!

Gweeds1980 and doug_amanda like this.
  5. Bob1888

Bob1888 Registered

Yep I removed my comments after more thought it was just in Bret's introduction all the talk of pop up ads all be it not applying to current members worried me about the future direction of what has been said a friendly forum by hobbyists for hobbyists but clean slate and all that prepared to give it a chance and hope it gets somewhere back to where it was

doug_amanda and Gweeds1980 like this.
  6. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Yippee........we is going truly International (and yes will be nice to have more than a handful to communicate with) :)

Is a bit deflating I suppose when you look at current members online (12 members, 25 guests and 10 robots) when compared with the likes of Ultimate Reef (144 members, 217 guests and 9 robots) :confused:

7. Gweeds1980

Gweeds1980 Registered

Yep... then compare that with reef2reef: Total: 3,220 (members: 694, guests: 2,218, robots: 308)... going international can only be a positive thing imo.

Tank thread :)
    http://www.thesaltybox.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164069

8. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Well.....we are all mostly friendly, some of the time :aaaaa:

doug_amanda likes this.
  9. Gweeds1980

Gweeds1980 Registered

Sorry, reread my post... sounded really negative... wasn't meant to be at all... was just trying to point out that unless members get involved in the forum, it won't be the lively place that they want it to be...

I'm as guilty of that as the next person.

Tank thread :)
    http://www.thesaltybox.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164069

10. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Sometimes I feel like I am just communicating with myself and would do anything for a reply (well almost), or even just a like :(

I've even had to resort to desperate measures and start some threads :risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3:

rabster, shady and doug_amanda like this.
  11. doug_amanda

Lol,

12. Mr Dave

Mr Dave Registered

On axwhole forums are very slow compared to how they were say 5 years ago. Lets hope Brett can turn thinks around for Salty Box

doug_amanda likes this.
  13. les

les Registered

I think UR have more than enough of their own problems one way or another as an example far fewer online than there were a few years ago and some sponsors have left for various reasons not least is which is the numbers of members on at any one time.

Still, never mind UR this is about TSB and how it will change and progress over the coming months. No doubt as with any change (as when Brian tried to introduce change to the dying forum) won't care for the changes but you can't please all the people all of the time and few would disagree with me stating changes need to be made. Members come and go as people get into and out of the hobby that is natural. What matters for me is the new owners are given a chance to turn the forum around and the membership grows. At the end of the day that is how they will be judged by many.

doug_amanda likes this.
  14. Realist

Realist Registered

Its nice to see positivity returning to the forum.

Please be positive its the way forward and I hope for the sake of the hobby the forum grows.

Regards

doug_amanda likes this.
  15. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

You can count me in for a bit of PMA! :)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

doug_amanda likes this.
  16. Eaval

Eaval Registered

Nice to see I am un-banned again (1st time banned for editing my OWN post, second - not given the courtesy of a reason ...), but even more glad to see new ownership !

Realist was about as stable as a 1 legged chair

Brent W - I sincerely wish you all the best. Salty Box deserves great leadership / ownership.
    For your awareness, I am a former mod of this site, and currently mod of "another" site. I have no intention of coming back as a mod here, but if I am welcome as a visitor I am happy with that, if not, well I guess I'm back banned again.

17. shady

shady Moderator Staff Member

Eaval, I am not sure what happened in the past but its nice to see Old members returning to pass on more knowledge to others ( and no doubt some sarcastic wit). Welcome Back

18. Brent W

I am ok with a clean slate. Looking forward to seeing how we can grow TSB in a positive way.

Moneydownthecouch likes this.
  19. doug_amanda

More than welcome mate :)

20. aces_up1504

aces_up1504 Registered

Brent,

I am guessing you see this more a business venture rather than hobbiest run forum, which is no bad thing as it should offer a level of professionalism that has been missing over the 12-18 months and certainly within the last 3 to 4.

My question is and has been for a long time, how do you bring back forums from facebook groups. Its something no one has really answered on any forum. Given a successful background in forums you must have seen this already. For me intergration between the forum and facebook is now key to any long term success.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice