1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

The Goby Jumped...again!

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by Vix, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Vix

Vix Registered

I have a screen over the top of the tank, how can it fit through a gap smaller than itself? I noticed the screen wasn't round the right way on my way to bed, but thought there is no way he'll fit through there. How wrong I was, wish I'd just turned it round. Found it crispy on the floor this morning after being in the tank for just ten days. Really want to keep one as they are great maintainence for the sand bed, my old tank was fully covered with a hood so kept my first one for many years, however this is about the fourth one I've had in the RSR, two have died for unknown reason and two have jumped. Can't keep throwing the cash down the toilet.
    Anyone got anymore suggestions for sandbed cleaners, I have a sandsifting starfish, have tried conch's and cucumbers but they don't stick around for long. Maybe I'll just try another goby, the sand goes brown without one in there.

2. shady

shady Moderator Staff Member

What about a chalk goby , mines rarely comes off the sandbed by 2 inches , or dove snails/another couple of conch/nassarius snails

3. rabster

rabster Registered

What other fish were in with your deceased fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Vix

Vix Registered

I have a cleaner wrasse, file fish, fox face, 3x chromis, tangerine Swiss guard, a Scarlett hawk fish

5. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

What kind of Goby was it (besides a jumping one)? Mine jumped into my weir and then after a 7 week break, decided to jump back (with the weir combs in place - which are actually quite high :confused:).

6. Vix

Vix Registered

It was the orange spotted kind. Just asked LFS to get me another one, I'm going to try one last time.

7. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Mine is an orange spot as well, must be something about this variety Will have to start playing 'jump around' by House of Pain

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice