1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Tank problems

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by screwloose, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

Really sorry to hear of whats happening mate, have you thought about sending a sample of water off to somewhere like tank tests for a full analysis, message them and ask if they can do a rushed job due to the problems/losses you are having.

Dan

2. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cheers Dan...

don't even get me started on TT [wink.gif]

3. robb1977

robb1977 Moderator Staff Member

lol, he only uses salifert and d-d anyway. Nothing you cant do yourself.
    Is anything looking better today mate?

4. Dan1

Dan1 Registered

Really??? I didnt know that i thought a full range was lab tested. I think i know what you mean Nev about not getting you started, i was in on the bulk buy too a while back and experienced problems too. It was just the water tests i thought would be of benefit, but if its all test kits anyway then no point.

Dan

5. screwloose

screwloose Registered

nar still not great,,,blue milli is stripping,,not sure there is much else i can do...
    and i just dont have the time to do anything at the mo.

well i added TT potassium iodide 25ml,,,next day everything started to die.
    i can't say 100% that that is it, so i haven't actually said, and it may not be that

6. dannyw

dannyw Registered

Nev, do you want me to hold any of your corals until you sort the problem?

7. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cheers mate,,thats one of my problems to be honest..

a, they are all well grown in, and attached to rocks, so disturbing them could finish them off &
    b, i really don't have the time to sort that, just started a new job on wednesday.

i think i am going to have to sit it out,,and see if it now starts to stabilise i think

much appreciated though [thumbup1.gif]

8. heller792

heller792 Registered

good luck pal, hope it works out

9. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cheers chaps

tested my ro today to give an indication of membrane, even though its 6 months old maximum

tap water - 285
    after membrane - 18
    after DI -0

so pretty sure membrane is ok, may look at putting a 2nd mebrane at some point, as our water is very poor

cheers for the bits ged, i am back to 0 now [thumbup1.gif]

10. heller792

heller792 Registered

anything you need pal?

11. swin

swin Registered

wouldnt it be a idea to put some of your corals in someones established tank if your having a major crash just to save them or is this not a good idea
    have you checked your dying corals under a microscope or with a nanoscope if you have access to one to see if you have a sps pest problem [002.gif]

12. Realist

Realist Registered

Have you tested your iodine level Nev? I can pop down Sunday and test if you want, I have a kit here.

13. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cheers chaps...

Dave,,i think all i can do now is sit it out

Swin,,i have a mesoscope here and that was the first thing i checked when it was 1 coral, but the likelyhood of something there that would munch several different species is a bit slimmer, but i have checked [wink.gif]

Chris, i dont think there is any need now, thanks mate, as i would have watered it down loads now,
    it was maybe just doing the damage in the first instant.

as we all know,,,can create problems in 5 mionutes,,then it could take 2 months to get back to normal, even when we have put it right

14. 4head

4head Registered

Any improvement?

15. mariaarthur247

mariaarthur247 Registered

so sorry to catch up with this nev, only just found the thread & am having a nard time believing it.

if i can do anything just text me matey. i have a brand new r/o membrane here you can have it you think it'll help?

gutted for you but hope things have improved in the last day or two.

bill

16. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cheers chaps...

things just look dull at the moment, lost about 5 or so colonies,,about a dozen frags.

its had 3 large changes, and carbon daily,,so not a lot else i can do.
    so, i am just going to leave it alone now, and hope it settles down.

just been a mad week, all that happening, closed my business down, gone cards in at a local wiindow company and started Wednesday,
    selling my van, some tools etc, finding specific tools for new job,,,its just wasn't the best week for my tank to go #### up.

Bill,,i thought you said you don't come on here, coz you can't reead the Font Type ? [wink.gif]
    And cheers for the offer on the membrane, i think mine is ok,,can't tell 100% for sure but my readings where

tap water - 285
    after membrane - 18

& i dont have the blumming time to get over to you,,just gonna finish my brew, then i am off down stables, ,,,,,,FENCING [crying.gif]
    Missus thinks i have nowt better to do...lol

if you speak to Chris, or Tina, they may be able to guide you to changing it [thumbup1.gif]

all in all its a week i wouldn't wanna do again

what has been great is the amount of support i have received, both in ideas, offers of help, storage, ro, etc , etc

Big thanks to you all :)))

17. TigerIssey

TigerIssey Registered

What is the problem Bill, is it the font itself or the size of the font. You can change it on your browser as I have had to increase the size of the font myself in order to view Live Chat.

If you need help, let me know [thumbup.gif]

18. 4head

4head Registered

Card's in, payed hoildays, no tax returns, set hours it'll be a whole new way of life!! Hope it goes well bud!

19. mariaarthur247

i would have glady dropped it off to you tomorrow or later today matey. never checked my tds after the membrane but before resin so not sure if 18 is high or not? my tap water is similar to yours though at about 300.

thought i better come over here a bit to stalk ya [001_tt2.gif] [001_tt2.gif] lol

bill

20. mariaarthur247

no probs now tina.

when the forum was first set up you know i joined but could not really get on with the website with my dodgy eyes [w00t.gif] things have changed a lot to the look of the site over its short lifetime so far. looking much better.

bill

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice