1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Sump With Water Top Up Section

Discussion in 'Filtration / ULNS' started by snooks, Dec 1, 2017.

1. snooks

snooks Registered

Hi all

just about to order a new sump but I have been quoted a price with or without water top up chamber.
    Seems a good idea but I thought I would see if anyone on here has a sump with the top up chamber
    Thanks in advance

2. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Yes well worth it imo, but it needs to be big enough to last say a week, no good if you have to constantly top up the top up section.

3. snooks

snooks Registered

That's what I was thinking
    The chamber will only hold about 15 litres but switching to led lighting from halides I get know were near as much evaporation.

4. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

That's not bad, Mine is about 15 litres topping up a 500 litre tank and lasts just over a week.

5. snooks

snooks Registered

Mine is about 500 litres so I might as well go for the sump with the auto top up chamber

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice