1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

sump filtration question

Discussion in 'Filtration / ULNS' started by nigelk, Dec 31, 2013.

1. nigelk

nigelk Registered

i am planning to replace my sump as mentioned on other threads, i am now in 3 camps DSB, LR or Bio-balls plus the usual skimmer, phis reactor, and ill add small rotor with carbon in ?
    Only planning on fish and softies in my DT at the moment taking it very steady its will be about 500ltrs including the new sump

opinions welcome

2. diver 807

diver 807 Registered

first compartment inlet with filtersock second dsb 6" deep ,chaeto lit 24/7 last return to main tank.

3. chippypah

chippypah Registered

How many section is it going to have, as above for first compartment but skimmer next the DSB and finally return section.

4. nigelk

nigelk Registered

3 compartments as my old one slimmer and phos reactor +poss calc reactor middle big enough for a good dsb and end one return and poss carbon reactor but just wondered about the other options for filter media ?

5. diver 807

diver 807 Registered

oops forgot the skimmer ,thanks chippypah

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice