• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Steve's 250 Litre Cube Upgrade

ChrisA

Registered
I'm now wondering about setting up a drip line to fill a bucket and setting an atu to pump in from another bucket

steve861uk

Registered
I'm now wondering about setting up a drip line to fill a bucket and setting an atu to pump in from another bucket

Can be any pump/tubing I suppose....but the key would be to have the flow in matching the flow out (ish) to maintain water levels, but not too much flow as it's meant to be a slow (ish) deliberate process that doesn't stress the inhabitants (unlike my previous method of just chucking it in HystericalHystericalHysterical).

steve861uk

Registered
Gyre XF230 is in Big Thumbs Up Currently set on the preset - oceanic gyre cycle with max 40% and min -30% and am thus far very impressed with the flow.

The fish got fed last night with the gyre on so I could observe the gyre flow and am happy to report - yup, it's there :w00t:

steve861uk

Registered
A few of my favourite/more vibrant corals (just need a better camera!):

af4715cc26065b231223fc33d8d0bf55.jpg

c4bad3aaa9595f1f2b21e75cb83de879.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-5_12-43-30.png
    upload_2017-9-5_12-43-30.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 238
  • upload_2017-9-5_12-45-59.png
    upload_2017-9-5_12-45-59.png
    949.8 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

steve861uk

Registered
New addition BTA in the background and a guest appearance from shrimpy :)

Anemone and friends.jpg

Nem has settled in really well (so far) so fingers crossed :aaaaa:

steve861uk

Registered
Very nice Steve,looks very clean in fact too clean lol,also I have just had a quick look through your thread and wondered what top up you are using?

Dan
Not clean anymore as has lots of diatoms on the gravel. New rock seeding I suppose, as dodgy butter tub is now out [emoji16]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Jagger

Registered
Not clean anymore as has lots of diatoms on the gravel. New rock seeding I suppose, as dodgy butter tub is now out [emoji16]

Have you used the egg crate then?

Also very nice Sps you have,did you get them from Jason aquatics?

steve861uk

Registered
Have you used the egg crate then?

Also very nice Sps you have,did you get them from Jason aquatics?
I used some take-away trays (No 5 PP plastic) until I get some egg crate.

The frags are from the bay of e [emoji3]