1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Steve's 250 Litre Cube Upgrade

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by steve861uk, Feb 23, 2017.

1. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Well impressed with my corals today. Got a:
    Colony sized green hystrix for £14.99 over 3.5 inches across with loads of branches and growth tips.
    A nuclear green paly with 18 heads and lots of buds/babies - £14.99!
    Tubs blue Zoa with 20+ heads for...... You guessed it, £14.99!!!
    Finally a leather toadstool for £21.99.... Again a good size and in great condition.

I'll be using this mail order firm again.... They are awesome......Pics to follow

The company name is..... Like a sea but a different name for it and the first part would be someone who is being kept against their will (not sure if they're a sponsor so didn't want to blurt out their name).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2. warby

warby Registered

you know the rules................ pictures or they don't exist

Sent from my s6 using Tapatalk!

3. ChrisA

ChrisA Registered

This is coming along nicely :) Sure I've used the same vendor before, usually have some nice bits in

4. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Indeed I do and yes I will (post some pics ).

5. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Thanks . Everything has been transferred for one week today and so far so good.

No3 is 2ppm and po4 0.02, have lots of new growth and the diatoms made an appearance on the gravel and got ate by the snails and algae blenny and even the urchin had a go .

It's all going too well so am just waiting for the set back to happen (but am hoping it won't).

6. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

[​IMG]
    Nuclear Green Paly's
    [​IMG]
    Toadstool
    [​IMG]
    Hystrix
    [​IMG]
    Tubs Blue Zoa behind the photo bombing clowns
    [​IMG]
    FTS (ish)

7. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

New tanks been running for 1 week and 2 days and have not had to clean the glass once! :w00t:

No3 is 1.5 and Po4 is 0.02, DKh is 10.5 and all else good Big Thumbs Up

Mind you...with it being a new (ish) tank but with old stock transferred I suppose the snails have not had much else to eat (aside from a few diatoms....which have now gone).

Pistol shrimp has been busy and reminds us he's still about with the occasional sonic boom going off inside the tank :w00t:.

Need to top up with a few more corals...the plan is to move the settled ones up and place fresh stock on the sand - then see if the wife notices (if not, will see how long I can get away with it Hysterical).

8. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Looking good nice new additions Big Thumbs Up lol i do the same at times. Just moved my bubble coral from the sandbed to the back of the tank and added a long tentecle plate. Mrs said to me yesterday that it was looking funny lol i pretended not to hear her :whistling:

9. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Great minds think alike :w00t:.......I can always sneak stuff in and hide it in the sump :whistling: Then acclimate and boom....it's on the gavel in the tank :yahoo:

But, I've just earned 1,000,000 brownie points by getting a car that SHE wants (even though it pains me to do so) :wheelchair:

10. CEECH

CEECH Registered

HystericalHystericalHystericalHystericalHysterical what did you get ?

11. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

We're trading in our wonderful Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 2.2 Diesel HSE with loads of extras and nice body kit. For a Peugeot 5008 2.0 HDi 150 Exclusive (although it is a good spec one).
    The reason.......it's a bit tricky getting 3 children in the rear of the Landrover with booster/child seats :suicide:

Although the extra boot space in the Peugeot would have come in handy for when I picked up the 250l cube tank and stand....was a tight fit in the Landrover, would have room to spare in the Peugeot :w00t:

12. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Nice one My Mrs wants me to buy a CLA shooting brake amg 45 4matic now unfortunately the 1 i want is daylight robbery. Near 40% more than the uk. With all extras they want 95k

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

13. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

95 kroner that's well cheap

I'm getting too old for an amg now, however never too old for my BMW K1200GT Touring Bike (0 to 62 in 3.5 seconds always makes me smile).

14. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Bought a few more corals today from a heart shaped emotion followed by the type of fish that we love to keep on this forum (not too upset the sponsors you have to work out the cryptic clue).

Got a bullseye orange mushroom, frogspawn coral, multi-headed blasto and a candy cane.

Have moved my settled frags up and am settling the new ones in.

Pics to follow

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  15. warby

warby Registered

ohhhh sounds interesting :) we need some pictures.

16. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

New you were going to say that HystericalHystericalHysterical

Will get some tonight :w00t:

17. warby

warby Registered

I always do haha. stuck some pics up of my new arrivals light got 1 more zoa to open up :)

18. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Just read the reviews for your soon to be new car Big Thumbs Up speed 155mph; 0-62mph 4.7sec :w00t:............That's nearly as fast as my bike and according to Autocar should cost a mere £43120 :dance:

Our Land Rover replacement is now parked behind our house and looks totally unimpressive.....I felt very sad swapping them over yesterday (but at least the wife can get the kids in easier now, with a little more space in the boot) :cry:

19. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Some very nice pics and impressive corals you got there Big Thumbs Up Love the acans........mine may be that size in a couple of years :w00t:

I was tempted to buy some larger colony sized corals on my travels (retail therapy :whistling:), but refrained as I like the minimalist look of my tank and the challenge of growing stuff. I sell it to the missus, along the lines of - you buy plants for the garden, I buy underwater plants for my marine tank :dance:

20. warby

warby Registered

my missus asks how much it costs and dosent really say anything but she spent £900 on a pram so what can she say haha.
    the acans are nice but I much prefer sps as you can tell with my tank being 90% sps haha.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice