1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Signing Off

Discussion in 'Reefloat' started by reefloat, Dec 29, 2019.

1. reefloat

reefloat Registered

for me end of an era with saltybox and now leaving the forum and moved over to saltybox UK

so thank you all for past support and hope to see you over there for 2020

[​IMG]

2. Realist

Realist Registered

Shame the new owners abandoned this forums, disappointed.

Best wishes.

reefloat likes this.
  3. PaulM

PaulM New Member Forum Support

Wow, just popped in to see what was happening, how people are and sadly read that some sort of Keyboard warrior Armageddon took place.

Such a shame as I used to love this place, the banter, the advice plus I still have my cube too.

TTFN :(

Colin and reefloat like this.
  4. Realist

Realist Registered

Hi Paul,

Yes it’s a real shame the new owners have just left this forum to die, no imput, no money help or feedback.

Whipp media should be ashamed of themselves specially Brent and co.

Colin and doug_amanda like this.
  5. Colin

Colin Registered

No idea what happened here but it's a shame, TSB was the best forum bar none, everyone was mates with everyone else and a lot of people with real knowledge too such as yourself. If your interested the admins have set up a new forum to replace this one http://saltybox.co.uk/ in hope of getting the spirit of this one back as all seems to be lost here now

6. Realist

Realist Registered

My personal opinion is the new forum should of been called something else and not used a similar name to here, it’s like working for Google website and then dropping them and starting your own site up called Gooogle.

Not the nicest of things to do.

After leaving this place a few weeks later I started a forum called reef keepers and didn’t ride on the coat tails of SB but closed that after no uptake so ended the love of a marine keeping.

Don’t know how the old guard are doing can’t even remember what their forum was called and even those well knowledgeable old admin here didn’t use a name similar to SB and just used their contacts and knowledge to grow.

Water under the bridge now.

The honest move the old admin can do is remove their admin status here and move on.

7. Colin

Colin Registered

Well it looks like the saltybox name means a lot more to the admins that it did to whoever sold this place to an American with a track record of dabbling with forums and selling on. Unfortunately because of that sale the value of this forum is now zero and the sooner this site gets switched off the better because it's pitiful. Fair do's to the admins, at least they "have" stayed on to keep the site free of spam otherwise this site would be an embarrassment to the hobby.

doug_amanda and reefloat like this.
  8. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

reefloat likes this.
  9. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

I disagree, if you work for google you would know exactly what your job role is, And your part regarding the promotion and upkeep of the company would have been clearly communicated, and if you were promised a company car you would quite rightly expect to get one.
    Here we were promised the support and help promote and lift the forum out of the mess it was in, and I’m sure as you have read we got nothing, not even reply’s to e-mails,, nothing.. we even tried to buy the forum in an attempt to import some investment and promotion.. still nothing,, in fact I will go as far as to say,, less than nothing, whipp media who own this site no longer exist, “click the whipp media site link at the bottom of the forum page” I think it’s a fair assumption to make that at some point this forum will also no longer exist. And when it’s gone so will the saltybox name,
    Bottom line is Brent and whipp media don’t give a toss about the saltybox, me you or anybody who uses this forum which is one of the reasons I have no issues in promoting the existence of the new forum here and will continue to do so until I’m either sacked, the forum closes down or both,
    At least while we are here we are able to give reefers an alternative forum where people do actually care.

Just to add to your comment about the home guard going it alone and not riding on the back of TSB I seem to remember getting e-mails and PMs promoting their forum, wonder where they got my addy from ?.[/QUOTE]

Colin likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice