1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Shallow reef 2

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by tyger, Feb 25, 2015.

1. tyger

tyger Registered

Ha ha ha.

2. CEECH

CEECH Registered

[MENTION=23241]nodster[/MENTION] you would be lucky get to such a classy irish man in your country muhahaha

3. Saltydan

Saltydan Registered

You still hanging in there mate ?

4. Colin

Colin Registered

Don't mention hanging when he's this depressed Hysterical

5. tyger

tyger Registered

Still here. .
    just hissed off at the moment, and a long run of shifts. ...which is a good thing, as I don't have to look at the tank.

6. tyger

tyger Registered

If anyone offeres me £1000 for the full set up I will sell it, it would be a cracking deal for someone, everything is under 12 months old.

7. penzo

penzo Registered

Nooooo,Howard,is there any sign of the ws shifting at all? Just noticed my pt has a few spots again,this bloody hobby eh!

8. tyger

tyger Registered

No, not at the moment all the others seem fine. I'm not in a rush but my heart not in it.

9. nodster

nodster Registered

Hang in there fella and like you I'm on long run of nights again so not a lot of time on hands , like you say time away from it working may be the antidote you need mate :thumbup1:

10. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Take a deep breath buddy ☺ don't be making rash decision selling up buddy ☺ it will come right.

11. Kaiser99

Kaiser99 Registered

Bad news Tyger I had my 2nd outbreak this year explode on 31/10 all four fish riddled. I don't know why but it's gone, I doubled the amount of food I normally feed and put a £15 pump on my 600 uv to slow the flow and fingers crossed it's gone

12. frazzle121180

frazzle121180 Registered

WTF Howard you cannot sell up...myself and [MENTION=21336]merser[/MENTION] will not allow it. These things are sent to try us mate and I totally feel your pain and frustration having had 2 wipe outs thanks to WS.

Don't let it beat you, you're too good and your setup far to special to give up.

I have to go now I'm getting all emotional about this

13. CEECH

CEECH Registered

I completely agree. Howard if not for you I would have quit a few times. The amount I have lost but coming on here kept Mr going all the great people. I will personally buy you new fish if you lose them . Man it happens part and parcel of the hobby. I lost 5k worth of fish when on holidays a few years back due to a friend forgetting to turn back on pumps. 3 weeks later 1k and then I had a 500 litre tank empty on the ground due to a faulty external filter as they say **** happens. But you can't buy the fun and cool people you meet on here. Plus when you sit back and look at the tank in time when all is sorted you will realise why you stuck with it ☺

14. tyger

tyger Registered

Unfortunately my heart isn't in it at the moment, I cant even make the effort to sell it lol.
    I do tend to go head long into hobbies sports etc then get fed up and move on to the next adventure on a whim, the only thing I have ever stuck at long term is sailing. I can also be very impulsive, and once I've made my mind up that's it, this time its just pure apathy, If someone gave my a £1000 I would take it even though I could make a lot more splitting it, I'm just in that sort of mood lol. The whole set up was brand new in April so would be a cracking deal for someone.

15. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Remember the boss woman said she would kick your ass if you sold this time ☺ you will miss it when it's gone my friend. I am the same as you get interested and then bored. But having a tank is way more challenging which keeps me interested. I get ****** then take a long look and remember how great it is when I have looked for long enough and get stuck in again . As they say ride the wave and you will find yourself happy you stuck through it. All fish get sick especially marine. It's the risk we take. It completely Sucks when it's not working our but when it is its all worth it.

16. Colin

Colin Registered

I'm exactly the same, the best bit is the initial project, planning and research then set it all up as perfect as you can and get bored with it and move on to the next thing. I have to say even though I've had a rough time with my tank too I'm glad I still have it and I didn't shut it down as I very nearly did

17. nodster

nodster Registered

Hello [MENTION=18380]tyger[/MENTION] whatever the outcome of this fella at the end of the day its down to you , we all here are feeling for you and hope you get your mojo back , this hobby does try us all with the expense and the downers we all get , you never know with winter coming that's more time stuck indoors and you will come out growling again Big Thumbs Up

18. tyger

tyger Registered

Yellow tang dead!

19. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Sorry to hear that buddy. How are the other fish doing ?

20. tyger

tyger Registered

Waiting to pull the regal tang out peacock wrasse stopped feeding and now dissappeared.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice