1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Second Tank, Red Sea Nano

Discussion in 'Nano Tanks (11-30gal)' started by frogeye, Dec 4, 2018.

1. frogeye

frogeye Registered

I decided to separate my tank mates and concentrate on two types of demands the corals ask for. I've always felt that I concentrated on the demands of the SPS more than lps and softies and will always feel when trying to accommodate one, another will suffer. So I took the plunge and went for a nano. I must say I love it and to date, my suspicions have proved right. I have noticed the lps and softies 'happier' in a different environment indeed and would recommend it to other reefers without having to think about it. A few wee pics, I hope you like.
    nano.jpg Acan1.jpg Acan2.jpg bambam.jpg blasto.jpg CandyCane.jpg godofwrath.jpg Hammer.jpg Lobo.jpg megarainbow.jpg

2. frogeye

frogeye Registered

A few more snaps... Nano1.jpg Scolly.jpg scrambledegg.jpg sonicflair.jpg sunnyd.jpg Symphyllia Wilsonii.jpg tuttifruiti.jpg

3. penzo

penzo Registered

Some stunning coral,especially the zoa

frogeye likes this.
  4. shazants

shazants Registered

Beautiful tank, i cant wait to have great LPS like the acans you have in there....... People who have Nano's always amaze me...what is a realistic maintenance schedule for one? I would really like one at work near my desk with just a couple of small fish and a few LPS in there.

frogeye likes this.
  5. frogeye

frogeye Registered

Regular testing and weekly water changes, in a small environment nitrates and phosphates need to be kept in check

6. shazants

shazants Registered

Ok thanks ..... what percentage of water changes do you do? 25% / 50% / more? or is the amount based on the nitrate/phos levels?

What do you test for? Is is just Phos/ALK/Nitrate/PH? or others also?

7. frogeye

frogeye Registered

10% water change and test for n03, p04, cal, mag, alk, SG

8. dj23bol

dj23bol Registered

Stunning!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

frogeye likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice