• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Scotts sps rollercoaster ride

Scott

Registered
DESMOND! our warby has only just finished himself off with the nyos! The poor guy is skimmed out for the day..... im sure once he removes the skimmate from the curtains he will be ready to be excited about your deltec Hysterical

CEECH

Registered
DESMOND! our warby has only just finished himself off with the nyos! The poor guy is skimmed out for the day..... im sure once he removes the skimmate from the curtains he will be ready to be excited about your deltec Hysterical

no way too late now what am i sloppy seconds Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical

woody5371

Registered
I though we had rules on this forum not to show warby pictures of new skimmers thank god it wasn't dirty

Scott

Registered
Warburtons will finish himself off to soft skimming woody... it doesnt have to be pure filth he just luuurrrrrrvvvveeesss SKIMMERRRZZZZZ Hysterical

Scott

Registered
Well i got bored this evening and with little else to do i decided id make my cable management system for the pending upgrade to rsr350.... next step.... paint!

20161010_222330.jpg and it begins... 13A 3core flex looped circuit seperate fuse

20161010_234111.jpg ten switched sockets mounted on balanced unit

20161010_234123.jpg gap behind hidden for cables

20161010_234556.jpg holes to keep everything neat

Shelves to house and support radion PSUx2
All balanced to easy to move

All in all other than paint jobs a good un :clap:

warby

Registered
Well i got bored this evening and with little else to do i decided id make my cable management system for the pending upgrade to rsr350.... next step.... paint!

View attachment 133888 and it begins... 13A 3core flex looped circuit seperate fuse

View attachment 133885 ten switched sockets mounted on balanced unit

View attachment 133886 gap behind hidden for cables

View attachment 133887 holes to keep everything neat

Shelves to house and support radion PSUx2
All balanced to easy to move

All in all other than paint jobs a good un :clap:
Looks nice and neat that Scott. I did plan something like that on mine but it never worked out that way as I wouldn't have been able to get all the plugs through the holes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eaval

Registered
One tip for you scott. Mount the whole thing on wheels/casters or rubber feet.

You will one day spill water. Alllowing air gap will allow it to dry :)

Fishpalace

Registered
Very tidy job.

How's the Nyos skimmer. Has the hum died down and has it started to pull out crud yet? I need to clean mine as cussing a louder him than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Registered
[MENTION=22434]Fishpalace[/MENTION] It has quietened down a little may have needed to bed in as it was very clean like new. Ill take it all apart when next cleaning it
[MENTION=20322]warby[/MENTION] ill be buying 10 white plugs and chocolate blocks and cutting the equipments origional plugs off and re wiring them (make it all neat) and i have a little trick up my sleive for any kit with a transformer

@eval good tip that... ill do that but heres hoping as its in the dry cupboard of a reefer it never gets wet haha

Scott

Registered
Had a few issues lately.... as can be seen in the videos some of my coral had lost some colour.... reasons.... spanner!

And no i dont mean me Hysterical
This was descovered in my weir must have been there for approx 8 months as per it being encrusted and rusted ha IMG-20161006-WA0022.jpg

Quick trip to ahmed at coraldirection (not right name as non sponser) for some cuprisorb as instructed by [MENTION=21336]merser[/MENTION] who was only too happy to use the c0ck up as a ammuntion for a ribbing and a jbl heavy metal filter pad and i thought my problems were solved! :clap:

Errrrr nope!

Seems when i changed by trace elements from redsea ABC over to the flreef flowers system i didnt account for the KH additive being a whole lot weaker than the red sea stuff....

So.... KH crash..... only picked it up when it was so low corals lost colour and my bali slimer started to strip.... at 6.2-6.4 i couldnt really blame it.... so.... 3 days on and thank you to [MENTION=11533]woody[/MENTION] for the kind borrowimg of a KH test kit im upto 8 on the alk scale.... im still dosing as i prefer 8.5-9 but already i can see colour returning to the acros that paled off....

The trials and tribulations.... hense... RoLlErCoAsTeR rIdEHysterical

Scott

Registered
[MENTION=21336]merser[/MENTION] I think i want a fem wrasse too :w00t:

#copycat

How much am i looking at paying.....