1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

RO di unit tds rising....

Discussion in 'Filtration / ULNS' started by Longtallmick, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Longtallmick

Longtallmick Registered

I need guidance and advice, i bought a TMC V2 50gpd rodi on saturday, got it plumbed in and running to fill my 160 gallon tank, so a few days to fill .started sat night and has been working great producing 0 tds water but noticed today ( monday) that tds has risen to 2.....
    Can anybody explain and advise please
    Thanks

2. diver 807

diver 807 Registered

do you have a di unit on it. seems the di resin has depleted but 2 is not too bad over 5 will need replacing.

3. Longtallmick

Longtallmick Registered

Bought it on saturday brand new.....surely di unit cant be done already aftrr producing only 75 gallons

4. warby

warby Registered

did you flush the unit to start with?
    what's your incoming tds? as this will effect how long the di resin lasts. my incoming is only 40-60tds so my resin lasts a long time ro membranes are 96-98% efficient iirc which means 2 -4% could still pass through and the higher your incoming tds the more work your resin has to do

Sent from my s6 using Tapatalk!

5. CEECH

CEECH Registered

As said did you flushing your unit first especially the carbon filter and remove the main membrane filter. I made this mistake before and blocked the bloody thing with the dust that came off the carbon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice