1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Return To Marines

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ollie, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Ollie

Ollie Registered

Hi All,

just a quick intro. I've returned to marines after 10 years approx. Current week 3 into a 4 week cycle. About 25 kilos of reef bones form my old tank and dead sand. I threw a frozen prawn in and let it rot. Parameters are heading in the right direction. 250 litre sumped with x 2 Kessil A360W.

Things dont seem to have changed much in 10 years, except increased technicality and reliance on equipment and an inability to purchase proper live rock. Nobody is selling now, or at least I cant get hold of it. Trouble is, this leaves me looking at a dead tank. No biodiversity ... worms, brittle stars, mini feather dusters ect. Any advice on how to introduce these would be appreciated.

I'll be in touch

2. Realist

Realist Registered

Hobby has gone quiet forum wise but only one forum that active and thats UR.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice