1. You need a minimum of 50 posts to be able to create a For Sale thread.

Any member creating a For Sale thread that does not have 50 posts or more will have that thread removed.

Please read The Salty Box Rules HERE or ask a member of staff if you have any questions.
  2. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Reflector material

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Sharkstooth, Jan 3, 2011.

1. screwloose

screwloose Registered

god damn you 2....:tongue:

do they sit within the light fitting ?

i currently have 2 bulbs, but may upgrade to 3 at some point

2. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

I did think of them sitting inside that flange but not sure if they would lift & tilt to fit inside. Once made they could go inside, in which case you could slide them where needed or you could drill for 2 to fit on the outside & then re-drill to take 3 & the wholes will be underneath.

3. screwloose

screwloose Registered

i wish you could draw better so i could understand more...:whistling:

see what you can come up with mate, as you have said you do similar stuff, dimensions are not set in stone really so can be a little flexible on some bits

4. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

Ignoring the first part of your message..............Ok i'll have a look at programs we already have & ask a few questions at work tomorrow.

5. screwloose

screwloose Registered

Hysterical

no probs...didn't mean you can't draw........:whistling:

6. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

:cowboy:

7. Ged

Ged Registered

He meant your drawing was too technical for him to work out. Hysterical

Looks like you are sorted out Nev now mate. Big Thumbs Up

8. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

I'm the artist in this partnership! :biggrin:

9. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

Hello mate, didn't forget about you. Are you still interested in getting this done? Let me know as I've sorted a price & it is dependant on how good you are with a drill!!!

10. screwloose

screwloose Registered

ye mate i am interested,,and i can drill...

unfortunately it may be slightly postponed as my gearbox has gon pop on the van,,so i definately need that doing first...

but will still be interested ;)

11. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

This is a pic of the end caps that we do for the gym fittings. Its too small for your fitting so I can get them programmed. My idea is for you to have 3 holes in one end for cable entry with proper cable glands (I'll supply these in the price) & a plain end cap the other end with no holes. What would keep the price down is if I can have holes programmed into the sides of the end caps so you can use some thing decorative like st/steel socket cap heads or something like that to bolt it together. Obviously there would be matching holes in the main body. This would save having to spotweld it together & then grinding & re-graining the spotweld marks. IIRC the body is 160mm high so I would need to know how high into the fitting you want the lampholder plates to reach. These would be about 300mm wide & would be reflective stainless so you don't need to use anything else. I'd make 3 in case you want to upgrade. Maybe they will lift and tilt inside or you might have to drill and bolt/screw these on the outside of the flange on the body. You would only have to work out how you want to hang it & how to run the silicone cable (i'll supply this too) to each lamp along the inside flange of the body so its nice & tidy as I know you're a Mrs Bucket! do you want the price? Consider that a sheet of 1mm st/st about £90. It wont include delivery as I've never used a courier & I'd have to take a day off to wait for them. View attachment 35072

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  12. screwloose

screwloose Registered

yer looks fine, would probably use stainless rivets for the caps ;)

go on then tell me:eek:

it is a mirror finish on the inside ??

13. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

Rivets??? That wont look very nice IMO, like a bit of air conditioning duct!!! I think proper stainless allen key bolts would look better and be stronger. I forgot I'd give you some ceramic terminal blocks to go on the lampholder plates for the lampholder wires & gives you something to wire the cable into. Its not guaranteed to me mirror finished on the inside. We do sometimes get sheets that are a decent finish on the back but not often, I'd have to see what we got & I'd replace it with the one I order. The plates right behind the bulbs will shiney. £150 & a drive down here to come & get it. Cup of tea is included! :-d

14. screwloose

screwloose Registered

sounds good mate,,apart from the driving...lol

did i tell you my gearbox is paps :(

if its not mirror finish on the inside, can i use a polishing kit to get mirror ?
    i have one somewhere in my shed, i used to polish aluminium & chrome stuff with it

i may have stainless allen bolts in my shed too, from my biking days ;)
    + i can get these for free, as my cosuin works on the oilrigs, and brings me anything i want...lol...apart from fuel

price sounds spot on mate, like i said i need to desperately do my van gearbox first though

wherabouts are you dude ?

15. robb1977

robb1977 Moderator Staff Member

If distance isnt too far and it would fit across my back seat im up for a road trip pal

16. screwloose

screwloose Registered

top man,,,are you bringing your wallet too :whistling:

i believe its the south of France,,we need a holiday.....we can do a kevin & perry :lol:

i think he is somewhere quite south from here :thumbup1:

17. screwloose

screwloose Registered

just found it on first post...hertfordshire...

so just north of London...you know your not allowed out for that long :-d

18. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

I'm in Hertfordshire but there must be some way of getting it to you. You'll get a better finish polishing st/steel than you ever got on ali i think. I didn't think ali polished up well at all. It will be plastic coated on the dull polished so you shouldn't damage it while you're working on the other side unless you're really cak handed. Any way let me know when you're ready ok mate?

19. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

Don't forget your passport boys or they wont let you past the border into the south ok :taunt: :tongue:

20. robb1977

robb1977 Moderator Staff Member

Travel quite a bit with work now, will just need to line up a visit to one of my contractors in that area

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice