• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

* * Reef Stats Android App * *

chester_lad

Registered
iso vs android could go on for years but lets all agree to disagree . Big Thumbs Up

like if you are a android fan lol

Neil

Registered
just sold a record 3.4 million iPhones in Q4 2013 which is a record

I dont believe any other manufacturer will of out sold Apple

A record for iphone but not for total phone sales still means they are behind other OS phones worldwide mobile phone sales to end users totaled 455.6 million units in the third quarter of 2013 so 3.4million not a lot

Neil

Registered
Worldwide Smartphone Sales to End Users by Vendor in 3Q13 (Thousands of Units)
Company
3Q13
Units
3Q13 Market Share (%)
3Q12
Units
3Q12 Market Share (%)
Samsung
80,356.8​
32.1​
55,054.2​
32.1​
Apple
30,330.0​
12.1​
24,620.3​
14.3​
Lenovo
12,882.0​
5.1​
6,981.0​
4.1​
LG Electronics
12,055.4​
4.8​
6,986.1​
4.1​
Huawei
11665.7​
4.7​
7,804.3​
4.5​
Others
102941.8​
41.1​
70206.8​
40.9​
Total

Colin

Registered
My missus had an Android, she hated it and eventually forked out for an iphone which she loves. Work give me my phone, an iphone, I like it too, just very logical in the way it works. I hate macs though, even the name makes me think of perverts in the park

Clearwater

Registered
My missus had an Android, she hated it and eventually forked out for an iphone which she loves. Work give me my phone, an iphone, I like it too, just very logical in the way it works. I hate macs though, even the name makes me think of perverts in the park

last IMac lasted 7 years no crashes no lock ups, No Virus, £20 for and new OS

Just got a new iMac for Christmas LOL

32 Gb RAM 1880 MHz
4 GB Video Card
3.5 Ghz Processor

quite happy thanks

Shiny180

Registered
I think there are forums for apple and android discussions as this will just go on and on. If your not happy with the app being for android then get an app off the app store. ;)

Colin

Registered
last IMac lasted 7 years no crashes no lock ups, No Virus, £20 for and new OS

Just got a new iMac for Christmas LOL

32 Gb RAM 1880 MHz
4 GB Video Card
3.5 Ghz Processor

quite happy thanks
Now I've got a picture of you in my head, the aquatic version of uncle Ernie

UncleErnie.jpg

screwloose

Registered
Turn that round just cause its more expensive doesnt make it better :whistling:

I know that was the jibe..

android in hand feels like kids toy, iphone feels like quality gadget :)

that's why android is cheap its made out of recycled crisp packets :)

rabbut

Registered
Last time I was looking at iPhone development there was a shed load of hoops to jump through. Unless you want to assume all your users are on a jailbroken 'phone, you need to have a true app accredited by Apple, and made available in the Apple store. Apple charge you to do this (how else do they cover the cost of "testing" you app for you to decide if they want to accredit it?) and used to insist on you using Visual C, a programming language so arcane and obscure that only Apple and people writing code for Apple products still use it!

There are workarounds, such as jailbreaking and using HTML5, but by and large, getting an app onto iPhone is a PITA! Nothing wrong with the 'phones as far as I can tell, most people seem to change by preference rather than reliability issue.

Android is (or was last time I looked) quicker and easier to bring to market. I imagine Windows Phone would be too, as you can run Java on that platform IIRC?

Clearwater

Registered
Mine is still going strong, albeit in a box. It's the last of the 3.06 c2d spec so was quite a hefty machine in it's time.

Yep the underling Unix OS is far more stable the MS DOS and the components are Industrial/ Military spec rather than consumer

You pay your money and takes your choice

Neil

Registered
You are all forgetting one thing ANDROID is not a phone but a OS

if a android phone is crap is that the fault of the OS or the phone manufactures ?

If the android OS keeps crashing is that a fault of the OS or the phone its self or the apps that you have installed ?

If you break the screen of a phone is that the phones fault or OS fault no I would say its yours for not looking after the phone

white66

Registered
i have had a samsung for years and i have dropped it burnt it when i have been welding the only reason i had to replace it is because i cant see the screen now cause i have never used a cover