1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Red Starfish Losing Tenticals

Discussion in 'Fish, Anemone's and Critters' started by Sorted7, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Sorted7

Sorted7 Registered

Hi, can anyone help me, I have had a red star in my tank for about 5 months now and all has bred well but the last couple of days it has lose a couple of legs. I have been told that this is common as they are very hard to keep and it’s days are numbered now. Is this correct?. Any help would be greatful

Attached Files:

2. shazants

shazants Registered

From what i have read.... losing legs is a sign of starvation.

You could try spot feeding ... squid/shrimp chopped up very small is probably best.

I have had 2 brittle stars in my tank from the beginning, these are both going strong.... i do feed the tank quite heavily (well i think so anyways).... again from reading up the serpent type are easier to keep.....maybe speak to your LFS about a trade for that type?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice