1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Red Sea Reefer 250 Vs Ea Reef 900 Pro

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KeithMJP, Sep 22, 2018.

1. KeithMJP

KeithMJP Registered

Hello

After keeping tropical for most my adult life I'm wanting to move to saltwater. My lounge can only house a 3ft long tank and I'm torn between the Red Sea reefer 250 and he ea reef 900 pro. Both in White gloss. I prefer the looks of the ea and the deeper tank but a few people I have talked to in my lfs haven't experienced the brand and rave about Red Sea. So would welcome any recommendations.

Also I definitely want kessil lighting but not sure which ones, will 2 a160's do for this size tank?

Looking forward to getting into this rewarding hobby

2. shady

shady Moderator Staff Member

Hi Keith and welcome,

This isn't going to be much help but I cannot help on the choice of tank as I have never had any of them to know of any benefits/downsides.

As for the kessil - I haven't used them either but have you seen the new kessil released at Macna 2018 ?? Slightly smaller and more power ??

Apart from that Welcome :)

3. KeithMJP

KeithMJP Registered

Hi and thanks for the welcome :)

Is that the X range?

4. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forum,
    Both are lovely looking tanks but for me the ea reef pro tanks have the edge, mainly because the sump is more versatile.

5. Landshark

Landshark Registered

The red sea are lovely tanks, however I did buy the EA 1200 and I haven't been disappointed in the quality or price oh and its British made ;)

Incidentally I have a kessil ap700 used for 4 months and in as new condition that I have for sale if you are interested :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice