1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Red sea nitrate test kit

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by Turner, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Turner

Turner Registered

Hiya folks. Im dosing nopox atm and have been for a few weeks. Im going to buy a new nitrate test kit tomos to check how the nitrates are going on. Has anybody tried out the new red sea test kits and if so what do u think about them.
    I might buy one tomos or if not it will be a salifert test kit I will buy.

2. slash_halen

slash_halen <span style="color:#088A4B">SPS Help & Advice

The nitrate kit is very good from red sea. Also the new DD h2ocean one is too.

Just stay clear of the red sea phosphate kit, it always read 0.08 when your po4 is low.

I don't know what corals you keep. But if you're not keeping SPS, than i'd go for the salifert one. There is no need to spend extra cash for the lower reading kits if your just keeping lps and softies.

3. Turner

Turner Registered

Nice one. And no I dont keep sps. Just softies and lps stuff. So think I will just get a salifert kit then so nice one for the advice pal:)

4. slash_halen

slash_halen <span style="color:#088A4B">SPS Help & Advice

No probs mate, I've used all 3 and they're all good.

5. Turner

Turner Registered

I ave only used salifert and they are easy to use and cheap ish. The red sea seems expensive so I wanted to know if its worth the dough. Why does everything in marine trade always have to be a little more dearer lol?

6. Wayne23uk

Wayne23uk Registered

I have used both and found the Red Sea kit easier to use suppose its down to the tester really see if you can try before you buy see what you think

7. Turner

Turner Registered

Nice one pal. I purchased a new salifert nitrate kit today. I checked out the red sea one at Cockfields and mark showed me a demo of it. Looked a good bit of kit but stickin with salifert till I get my nitrates are very low. Then I will check um out then:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice