1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Range rover LPG advice

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by northernmonkey, Jul 22, 2009.

1. northernmonkey

northernmonkey Registered

Hi folks anyone on here running a Range rover on LPG ? I'm looking to hear a bit of realistic running costs from people who are . I have asked many LPG companies and many dealers but they are only trying to make a sale . I'm looking at the P38 4.0 or 4.6 .

2. SandeR

SandeR Registered

Get something smaller, and diesel powered, lpg wont get you as good as results in consumption figures as you may think...
    big engine, big vehicle = more weight more fuel used. Depends on what you want, personally i wont drive anything other than a diesel, my 1.7 gets 70 odd to the gallon! :D

3. FISHWORLD

FISHWORLD Registered

Scott..the p38 is not the best RR to have mate :-(

They have lots of electrical faults and the air suspension can be a basXXrd also.

If you have to have one go for a derv.
    I have had a few of them...they are lovely cars,but if they go wrong...they go wrong BIG TIME !!

Regards,

Matthew.

4. TigerIssey

TigerIssey Registered

I have a 3.0 litre V6 Mitsubishi Shogun Sport that I got gas converted ASAP after buying it. (May 2007)

It paid for itself in the first year due to the increases in petrol costs at the time.

Basically apart from the time that petrol skyrocketed to the highest it has ever been last year, you are talking about halving your running costs.

Basically it is no more efficient on gas whilst the emmisions are slightly cleaner, you just pay half the price for your fuel.

Not sure on the Range Rover though, did test drive one before getting the shogun but it was ex police car so we decided to pass on it. It did not have full leather either. It did drive quite nicely, but the shogun is nicer.IMO

5. northernmonkey

Well after seeing lot's of wrecks and reading lots of horror stories we have decided to leave them well alone . I looked at a few diesel one's Matt but the fuel ecconomy was worse than a gasssed 4.0L . But got another car now and the other one has gone !!!!

6. TigerIssey

TigerIssey Registered

Sorry, am probably really nosy, what did you end up going for??

7. northernmonkey

Copletely different type of car but it has the boot room we need to get the little ones disabled chair in the back we got a Mazda premacy 2.0 sport . I've not had a small car for ages :lol:

8. TigerIssey

TigerIssey Registered

Yep, certainly completely different.

Am disabled myself, know how inmportant it is to have room for chairs in the boot. Luckily most of the time I use crutches, just occasionally need the chair.

Glad you got it sorted though.

I have to say, my other halfs vectra is LPG although factory fitted, having 2 LPG cars does save a fortune on petrol costs. If the car is petrol and suitable, the conversions are well worth the money.

9. northernmonkey

Is it the multi-point sequential systems you are using ? There seem to be so many systems out there .

10. TigerIssey

TigerIssey Registered

The other halfs on the Vectra is factory fitted on a V reg. Not the best of systems but it works.

Mine on the Mitsubishi is a Romano Sequential Injection System 'C' inject using a Stako 95lt Full Toroidal 708/2544 Tank. Max fill is 76 litres and it changes to gas at 1600 rpm at 28 degrees. I got a lifetime guarantee that covers all parts and labour with FOC system Seruke checks for the same period. Uses Emer electronics.

It cost £1400 to get it fitted and as I say, I got that back in savings on petrol in the first 12 months.

I don't understand a word of what I have written, it says it on the certificate and in the warranty.

Have been told its a good system though. Not had a problem with it.

11. northernmonkey

Nice one I'll look into it for the new car I think . Any company you would reccomend ?

12. TigerIssey

TigerIssey Registered

You are in Blackpool so not too far away from me.

I got it done at
    Gas Cars UK
    Smith Green Depot
    Stoney Lane
    Galgate
    LA2 0PX

Telephone 01524 751333

My other half works in a unit on the same industrial estate, he talks to the lads in there a fair amount. Good company.

13. northernmonkey

Many thanks for that I'll give them a shout to see what they say and what price it will be . I just see your Location it's not far at all . Is that where the wild boar park is ? It's a nice day out there apart from the big hill's :lol:

14. TigerIssey

TigerIssey Registered

I only worked out how to change the location this afternoon, probably why you just noticed it.

Yes the Wild Boar park is in Chipping, not far from me in Oakenclough.

The hills and winter is why I have a 4x4. Much safer, I also like to be able to see over the hedges, you cannot do that in a small car, you have some time to react to the idiot flying towards you round a bend if you can see them over the hedge. :lol: Its also why I needed the LPG conversion, can you imagine the petrol bill (or diesal for that matter) around here.

Good luck with the car.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice