• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

** Provisional Trip Details - World Museum Aquarium Liverpool **

What Frags are you bringing on the day out?

• Softy Frags

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • LPS Frags

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • SPS Frags

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Live Sand / Mud

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil

Registered
Neil wasn't like I imagined, very friendly even got a pint off him :D

Only reason you got a pint of beer of me was that ChrisD got me it and I dont drink beer on the other hand you dont drink beer as well as most of yours lands on the floor Hysterical

deb+wayne

Registered
4c1163a4.jpg

Only reason you got a pint of beer of me was that ChrisD got me it and I dont drink beer on the other hand you dont drink beer as well as most of yours lands on the floor Hysterical

On the floor??...most of funky monkey's beer landed on me...my jeans are still hungover!!

Funkymonkey

Registered
On the floor??...most of funky monkey's beer landed on me...my jeans are still hungover!!

I still feel guilty, can't remember if it was the drink you'd just bought me if so that's even worse!

Also can't remember if I actually ended up with a pint off durkin. The first one that smashed was Ste after that it was a disaster for me

Not sure if I've said it but thanks to all those involved in sorting it and those working at the museum the chair if you could call it a chair was awful though, by the end of pauls talk i was numb from the waist down

Burscough Aq

<span style="color:#D4AF37; font-weight: bold;">Ad
I still feel guilty, can't remember if it was the drink you'd just bought me if so that's even worse!

Also can't remember if I actually ended up with a pint off durkin. The first one that smashed was Ste after that it was a disaster for me

Not sure if I've said it but thanks to all those involved in sorting it and those working at the museum the chair if you could call it a chair was awful though, by the end of pauls talk i was numb from the waist down

mmm see your memory failed you as well as your coordination HystericalHysterical you tried to put it on the table ....missed ... let it go and then quickly pretended to be scratching your nose :lol:

Funkymonkey

Registered
mmm see your memory failed you as well as your coordination HystericalHysterical you tried to put it on the table ....missed ... let it go and then quickly pretended to be scratching your nose :lol:

i was scratching! That was so you're fault

Back on topic.....was anyone surprised about anything in the talk? I was about the fish not needing space if i understood Paul right

Wayne

Registered
i was scratching! That was so you're fault

Back on topic.....was anyone surprised about anything in the talk? I was about the fish not needing space if i understood Paul right

I'm with Ste onn this, you didnt put it down properly Hysterical

An thanks to Paul people will be putting powder blues in nanos now :-d

PaulTys

Registered
Hi All,

Been away for the weekend climbing mountains!!

Thanks for all your comments, Im really glad everyone enjoyed the day. Thanks again for all the frags, we ended up with a really good mix and so far they are all doing well, polyps out and settling in. Despite what we thought, we only ended up with two xenia frags!!

Funky monkey, dont worry mate, it happens to the best of us, maybe not three times in a night but it happens!!

I will be putting the presentation up here along with a transcript which was why I was being filmed. Not for the visual but for the audio so I can write up the talk properly. I also wanted to make sure we got any questions on tape, not that there were any because your arses were numb by that point!!

As for fish and space, it was a generalisation, there are limits and variability between species, you cant keep a Great White Shark in a tank and you shouldn't keep anything in a goldfish bowl!!! But I do believe that water volume is more important for water quality and that providing refuges and niches is more important than just providing lots of space for any individual fish.

Also if you have lots of fish they will all need their own space or you lead to territorial battles, but yes, in essence an individual fish does not normally require much space. Most of the fish in our Crest tank you will always find in the same general area of the tank and they dont use the whole tank.

Ill be getting in touch with raffle winners individually and Ill also be contacting all donors to make sure we get your real names!!!

Finally another thanks to Jan and Matt for all their help and hard work with the corals, to my staff for working hard to get it ready, to Chris and Ged for helping organizing, and once again to everyone who came along.

Lets hope I can get something sorted for next year, watch this space.

Ill also be starting a tank thread on your corals and another one once we get the main system to where it should be and can start introducing corals to display.

Cheers all and don't be strangers.

Paul

Crypto

Registered
Many thanks to Paul for a fantastic presentation and to all the team for making it happen.

Was nice to see some faces from the forum.

Look forward to the next meet.

Realist

Registered
Winners are below. Please contact the company who have offered the prizes directly to claim your prize.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Burscough (all have recieved their vouchers)
1st Prize (£45 voucher) - Turners Partner
2nd Prize (£25 voucher) - Lizi2010
3rd Prize (£10 voucher) Peter Davies

Red Sea

1st Prize (1xreef foundation test kit, 1 x algae control test kit, 1 x No3PO4 (500ml)) CJLeech

2 & 3 (1 x 7kg Coral Pro Salt Each) Hannah & Nesbitt

Fishmansfrags
1st Prive ( SPS frag pack with 10m frags to be delivered)-descb600f
2nd Prize (Critter Pack 1 to be collected) - Gavin6979

evolad

Registered
Thanks to everyone involved was a great day out...and thanks to the mods..Paul..matt + jan.. ste + aly!! Shame i couldn't make the pub though!

PaulTys

Registered
Hi All,

Could everyone who kindly donated corals please put their real name down on the forum for the plaque and what they donated.

I was going to PM everyone individually as i have all the user names but I cant be bothered :whistling:

If you for some weird reason dont want to reveal your real name on here then just PM me.

Thanks,

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.