1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Protein Skimmer Advice

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by Theeasons, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Theeasons

Theeasons Registered

Hi looking at changing my skimmer for a hang on type. I've got a small 18 x 12 x 12 sump so would like something that is either small that's sits internal or hang on so I can free up space to grow chaeto. I've been looking at the TMC V2 450, Aqua One G216, Bubble Magnus QQ or Curve 3.5, Deltec 300?? My tank is 300 litre. Thanks

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

2. shady

shady Moderator Staff Member

personally I have never used any of these but when picking a skimmer I was always told to go for one that is rated twice the size of the tank and don't skimp ( you might think the extra 50 - 100 quid isn't worth it but normally it is)

I have always had Deltecs TBH

3. Theeasons

Theeasons Registered

I don't want to take everything out of the water though as I would like the chaeto to do the rest or does it not work like that... Soo many conflicting articles... Arggghhhh

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

4. shady

shady Moderator Staff Member

Why not look at the Deltec MCE600 , its a hang on skimmer , depending on what corals your planning it might be a tad overkill but if your going sps then its an ideal workhorse

5. halsteadmark

halsteadmark Registered

I Like my bubble magus although can be a bit bulky but it allows me to grow my cheato & mangroves in my sump :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice