1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Premier league new financial rules

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by kevt73, Feb 10, 2013.

1. kevt73

kevt73 Registered

Along with the new eufa rules, some big clubs gonna be in deep do da, specially if their mega bucks owners decide to walk

2. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Registered

I'll believe it when I see it to be honest. This has came up before and nowt happened.

3. kevt73

kevt73 Registered

The premier leagues are in place, and eufa s kick in 2014-2015 season

4. Lee09

Lee09 Registered

I personally think that the big clubs with the rich daddies and clubs like barca, Real Madrid the Russian team I can't spell and PSG, will just break away and have a super league style league big money and big debts.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  5. kevt73

kevt73 Registered

The boards of barca and real are elected, and as such, have no owners.
    No club is going to leave their league or eufa that provides them with millions of pounds.
    a break away league is a none starter

6. ProximaCentauri

ProximaCentauri Registered

There will be a loophole that will see nothing really change.

Financial Fair Play has been in the lower leagues for a couple of years, though no sanctions have been enforced yet clubs/owners are still able to get around it by increasing their income through self-sponsorship.

For example, Man City's owners could see one of their other companies sponsor the stadium for £300million. Just a roundabout way of putting the money in the club.

I'm very sceptical about it all and think it's all for a bit of show. Real financial fair play would discourage the billionaires from ploughing obscene money into the game, I don't think UEFA & FIFA would want that.

7. Lee09

Lee09 Registered

Exactly they are elected so they will look for the best deal for there club. At the moment the Spanish tv revenue is heavenly weighed towards Barca and Real, so that will need to be addressed to make ffp work there. Barca are not that well off considering all there success and we all no where real got there money from. So European football with out the two big Spanish clubs would be unthinkable for uefa/FIFA so allowances would be made(less strict appliance of the rules?) or if they did stick to the rules and the big teams did get kicked then they wouldn't accept if there would be court cases and eventually a breakaway.

8. Lee09

Lee09 Registered

Man city and PSG have already started to con the system. Man city's 300 million deal for a starter from a sister company that is related to the owners. Dodgy

9. PaulM

PaulM New Member Forum Support

Should be interesting to see if the rules and fines muted by the authorities actually impact enough to stop the loophole abusers :)

10. swin

swin Registered

Nothing will change what about the players contracts now ?they are a legal document they can't just implement the new cap (even though they should) as stated aghzi ,man city,Chelsea etc will find loopholes
    A separate league may happen as uefa are so stuck up their own bottoms its untrue
    Must admit the premier league grates on me these days ....overpaid pampered idiots with no loyalty to the fans/supporters
    I get asked "who you playing this week ?" My first thought is always kids football team :)

11. kevt73

kevt73 Registered

true, but until these new rules come into play, their was nothing to stop them.
    platini wanted them in last year to stop these deals, and has said they will be investigated, if they are still in place, when the new rules kick in

the new prem rules say nothing about how much a club can spend on wages, only that their wage bill cannot increase more than 4% each year, however, they will not be allowed to run at a loss of over £105 million for over 3 years, or wiil face a points deduction.

its the eufa rules that limit the clubs amount the can spend on wages, with the punishment being exclusion from european foot ball.

both the fa and eufa have said the will fully implement these.

as for a superleague of break away clubs, a non starter.

first off,who would join, the 2 biggest clubs in europe, barca and real, are already run within the new new rules, its a huge benefit to them that other clubs have to do the same, so, why would they leave la liga

no german club would join,why would they, their league is the best run in europe,and they have a national team capable of winning any tournament they enter.

you can buy a ticket to see bayern munich for less than 20 euros, which includes free public transport.

cant think of a team from france that would make a true super league on merit.
    no english team is going to leave the prem cash cow
    another thing is, its mostly english clubs its going to affect,given the way they have run english football

12. Lee09

Lee09 Registered

As an Arsenal fan I think the ffp will benefit us. But a lot has been said that the rich clubs will be best off as they already have the infrastructure and so on to benefit from this and virtually guarantee themselves champions league each year with best players best wages etc. There would not be for instance a future Chelsea or Blackburn who had a big investor and bought the league, so little clubs would stay little and bigger clubs get bigger

13. kevt73

kevt73 Registered

arsenal will probably be the only top four to benefit, due to the way the club is run, and are probs the only top 4 club who have prepared for the new rules.
    it will hit man city and chelsea hardest, does not matter how rich the owner is, only 50% of what the club earns can be spent on wages.
    when the last figures came out, man city were spending something like 80% of what they earned on players wages, not transfer fees, wages alone.
    they are going to have to make some big big changes.
    when the owners of these clubs can no longer get their own way,will they stick around ?
    only got them selves to blame, the premier league brings in billions of pounds, yet, year after year, the clubs make loses running into hunderds of millions of pounds.

i expect some exellent dummie spitting and toy throwing, mancini has already started

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice