1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Phosphate removal methods

Discussion in 'Filtration / ULNS' started by Rory2005, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Rory2005

Rory2005 Registered

Hi guys, wondering what the best easiest method for removing phosphates are in my 130L tmc sig 450 is?

seen the Red Sea nopox, then there's the old school reactors, but I'm not finding much in the secondhand market for reactors to fit my tank which makes me think there being slowly phased out in favour of newer methods.

let me know of viable options please

2. leopardshark

leopardshark Registered

There's lanthanum chloride ...another way however you'll want to research this...

Carbon dosing...vodka... Again you have to know what your doing..

3. Darren@BigBlue

[email protected] Registered

It's true that there are a few methods now but if you are seeking easy and reliable then it's an iron based phosphate remover all the way. For example rowaphos. It doesn't have to be in a reactor and won't let you down or strip other nutrients out of your system.

4. leopardshark

leopardshark Registered

Can I put rowaphos in an internal nano filter would I still get some benefits?

5. Darren@BigBlue

[email protected] Registered

Of course you can. Don't pack it too tightly. Less is more here. Don't let the filter suck the stuff through into the tank ( use a bit of filter mat on top or something) and change it often. It's not the best solution but, yes, it will benefit your set up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice