1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Ozonizer advice

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by Jaybo, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Jaybo

Jaybo Registered

I've just come across this Sander ozonizer in my lab storage cupboard, I here ozone can help with water clarity should I put it to good use and plumb it into my skimmer air intake?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. rabbut

rabbut Registered

How big is your system? Looks like you have a maximum of 25mg/h available from the control dial, which is on the lower end of unit sizes.

3. Jaybo

Jaybo Registered

Its around 290 litres, I think this is ok up to 250 litres so even if I do use it there is a low probability of overdosing. Be good to control the algae along with my UV I was thinking

4. Jaybo

Jaybo Registered

Also minimise the chance of ozone escaping into the room, only have a smallish room and kids like to look at the tank so safety is a big priority

5. rabbut

rabbut Registered

Should be comfortably capable of running your size of system. Ideally, you'll want to invest in an ORP Probe/Pen before wiring it up. You want to adjust to about 400-430 for an ORP reading, bearing in mind it can fluctuate throughout the day.

Randy Holmes Farley did a really good article with more information than you wanted to know about Ozone in a reef system, that you can find here

It's been a while since I last set-up an Ozone unit from scratch so it's probably best you let someone with more recent experience suggest a starting setting for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice