1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Orphek PR-156 LED Units - The Salty Box Reviews

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Ged, May 15, 2011.

1. MaRiNe_MaDnEsS

MaRiNe_MaDnEsS Registered

2. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

and all that is in a seperate box so less heat/weight above the tank :)

3. Ged

Ged Registered

Looking at that, they appear to be using modular connectors. Which is a good move imo - If anything does ever break down, rather than send them back to the USA, the end user, or even the shop where they were bought from, could replace the failed part in about 2 minutes flat.

Obviously I am not saying that they would, or that they are prone to breaking down, but for something as good as these, and at that expense, which is a big investment for people, it is a very good sign in my opinion.

The last thing anyone wants to do is, whip out a soldering iron, some tape, and some wire cutters, and then start stripping their units down.

4. MaRiNe_MaDnEsS

Well it looks like your soldering days are behind you after tomorrow ged LOL

5. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

until he has to give it backHysterical

6. MaRiNe_MaDnEsS

Hes going to take it hostage lol
    :2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns::gun_bandana::gun_bandana::gun_bandana::gun_bandana::duel::duel::duel::duel:

7. Nick@OrphekUK

[email protected] Registered

Hi Ged,

We'll have a stock of spares just in case of the unlikely event anything should need replacing, we can send them out with instructions and everything is designed to plug in/out.

We'll also hold a stock of units so if the extremely, extremely, extremely(can't emphisise that enough) there was a total failure, then a replacement would be received very quickly.

Please bare in mind that this has been put in place just in case the worst was to happen and be assured in the fact that there has not been any kind of failures up to date. Big Thumbs Up

So replacements and spares are available from us in the UK ( if they were ever needed )

Although one hasn't been in the hands of the Gedster as yet ....Hysterical

Nick

8. screwloose

screwloose Registered

so what your actually saying is, you have had to make the store room into a formula 1 style spares department, due to Geraldine ;) :whistling:

9. Ged

Ged Registered

That's handy to know, and confirms my thinking re the modular connectors.

Also great to know. :thumbup1:

With modern technology, it is always a risk with anything breaking down, believe me I know. It is how it is then sorted out thereafter.

I can already see for myself the build quality from the pictures, I can also already see the forward planning re the power supply units / drivers.

I know Orphek have put a lot of time and money into developing these units, and I just know that they are going to be a success for the UK reefers.

Lee and Craig, have been absolutely spot on with myself, communication has been superb, and don't forget, they had no real need to offer myself a demo / loan unit.

To be 100% honest, if I would have had to buy a new LED unit, then I would most definitely feel very happy and confident, that they would look after me, in the event that I were to have had any problems. :thumbup1:

That alone is one of the most important factors, imo on spending such a large amount of money.

But then again, if they lasted 10 years (which is not beyond reality) then that is only £75 per year in reality for lighting. I will do some proper calculations and costings once I get the review / testing under way.

Again, oozes confidence in the reliability of these units, those of you about my age would probably remember the Carlsberg customer service advert.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oTs6Oz-OW8]YouTube - Carlsberg - Wrong Number - UK Advert[/ame]

Off to B&Q shortly to get a refund on my surge protectors. :thumbup1:

10. marineaqua2010

marineaqua2010 Registered

Nice one Ged rest assured any one having problems with these units that have been purchased through us would receive our full backing even in the likely hood of a failure which is very unlikely with such a well made and designed product.

Lee

11. screwloose

screwloose Registered

has it arrived yet dude ?

12. Ged

Ged Registered

lol

One more sleep. :thumbup1:

13. MaRiNe_MaDnEsS

No sleep for you mate, bet your well excited

14. screwloose

screwloose Registered

your joking,,,he has old man naps all day long ;)

15. Ged

Ged Registered

I am mate, I have been to Nev's before and got the relevant plugs for the ceiling to have them hanging properly.

Nev has some stuff to do in the morning then he is calling round so we can fit them etc

Nev should also be able to tell any difference, and I think he is just as excited as well, if I am honest lol

16. robb1977

robb1977 Moderator Staff Member

Just fixed your post for you

17. Ged

Ged Registered

Nev is my biatch, just like you are Chris D's :whistling:

18. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

well I hope your biatch (not my words Nev!) is good at hanging lights, can you imagine if these fell on/in the tank :lol:

19. Realist

Realist Registered

Gimp :)

20. robb1977

robb1977 Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately this is true lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice