1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Orphek Atlantik 2.1 Fan Noise

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by NoK3, Oct 11, 2018.

1. NoK3

NoK3 Registered

I need some help. I’ve purchased a second hand Orphek unit but quite surprised at the fan noise. The fans kick in as soon as the lights switch on and are noisy. Is anyone able to clarify 1) should the fans kick in once the lights come on, 2) are they noisy, 3) if I were to upgrade at $300 will the fans be any quieter, 4) any suggestions?. The noise is unbearable as the lights are in my living room so always 20 to 15 feet away. Any comments would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Yes the fans come on and run all the time, I used to have the same lights but I wouldn’t say they were particularly noisy,, more of a gentle whisper. Are the fan blades catching on the housing? I’ve had that happen and that is loud and annoying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice