1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Ordering from Fish Street.

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by jrob3rts, Oct 20, 2012.

1. jrob3rts

jrob3rts Registered

Just wanting some feedback please.
    Seen a couple of things which are of interest. Anyone ordered from these guys and if so, have you had any extra charges on top. Thinking duty and vat off the top of my head.
    Thanks

James

2. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

I have with no issues but the thing I ordered came from their uk warehouse so no risk of extra charges

Fine to deal with via email as well with quick response, just a bit of poor English

3. white66

white66 Registered

i got sum things from them and it was fast delivery my stuff came from overseas didnt have any extra chages but i think the postage was about £15

4. Elkaa

Elkaa Registered

As above many things are now in the UK warehouse so :)

Response is very quick takes longer to decipher the English :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

5. jrob3rts

jrob3rts Registered

I've only seen about 15 items in the UK warehouse, maybe I am looking at the wrong page. Looks like I'll be looking to order from abroad if I decide to progress.

6. Aaron

Aaron Photography pimp

Several times I've ordered without being stung. They mark it as a gift so it's got the best chances of getting through.

7. Marine Life UK

Marine Life UK Registered

Its not getting stung though is it, its paying as you should for importing. I agree no-one including me want to pay it and it is good of them to mark it as a gift as customs charges are high

8. Warnster

Warnster Registered

Had a couple of things myself ,both delivered in a week no extra charges, auto top is a bargain IMO not touched mine since the day i put it , still doing its thing as it should plus its an electronic sensor rather than the float switches, but thats a seperate subject thats been covered before....

9. Marc

Marc Registered

Ya lucky with the auto top up mate. Mine went pear shaped within a week. Two sensors in a month went on me. Ended up getting a tmc. The only good part I've got left from it is the auto shut off pump.

10. Mayo

Mayo Registered

Ditto!
    Mine went within a week. Biggest waste of £30 ever!! It was the plug that was failing on me. He replaced that twice and they both failed! Told him I wasn't happy and wanted my money back and that I would send it all back to his uk warehouse but he said I would only get my money back if I sent it back to china!! The shipping wasn't much less than the value of the top up!
    So I bought a tmc one for £40 so in total cost me £70!
    BUY CHEAP BUY TWICE!!

O ye,, my brothers got the same topup and guess what? His went **** up too!

11. bluesea

bluesea Registered

Hi James

found them very good and quick, got a few items from there including the key LEDs , there is another site as well that's very good reefshops

12. reefloat

reefloat Registered

if the items are from china you may be subject to import duty (I was with fish street) its unlikely but it does happen, apart from that they are value for money in general

13. Marksfish

Marksfish Registered

Just found out while talking with Eric, items listed as Royal Mail Local Delivery are already within the UK with tax and duty paid.

Don't forget to put fishstreet into the discount coupon area for a 3% discount!!

14. Andyuk

Andyuk Registered

Exactly the same as me.
    I've ordered a heater off them a salinity/ph monitor and the top up. Had problems with all three. Cheap but you get what you pay for. Didn't have a problem with delivery. And always remember to put the code in the bottom to get your discount. Aggggghhhh can't remember what it was now!!?? Try fish street.

15. jrob3rts

jrob3rts Registered

Thanks for all the feedback peeps. I am actually looking at a couple of dosing motors, so will keep looking and see what I decide to do.

Also found a gravity fed ATU which is simple and more suitable to my sump space and positioning so more reading to do.

16. LittleOcean

LittleOcean Registered

Make sure it'll dose enough , as the mini ones are v slow and noisy..

With the gravity feed just get an Ro float , bulk head fitting and a container , job done ;-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice