1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured No Tank Tank Thread Now with tank!

Discussion in 'Large Tanks (101gal+)' started by Funkymonkey, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Matt@Epo

[email protected] Registered

I am busy Saturday. Helping out a nice bloke with his tank. The donut who lent you a camera is probably cursing the day. Still I bet you got your own back on him by breaking it all...that'll teach him.

2. Mayo

Mayo Registered

Better off doing it slowly anyway mate. Is the plan to go full sps or mixed?
    Have you got a recent FTS?

3. Eaval

Eaval Registered

Watch your mag mate, I started to have my problems when my mag got over 1500ppm - mainly reduced cheato growth and a red slimy algae in the sump (but not the display funnily enough!).
    Your alk is low too mate, so you wanna up your alk dosing. I have had low alk and high mag for ages and it seems to have been this the started my sps stripping. Hopefully you will not suffer the same fate! (granted a couple of alk swings later didnt help matters, but by then they were already on their way)

SPS looking good though :)

4. swin

swin Registered

Watchman goby

Attached Files:

5. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

I might add a couple of lps at some point but for now it's just sps. There was a recent fts a few pages ago, not much to look at I admit!

Cheers Scott, I'll make a new mix up at some point as the calcium I've added also contains mag, with it being a new tank I was worried about the mag getting too low. That said I didn't think there was anything wrong with 1480/1500 but I'll keep an eye for it creeping up

My calc and dkh are pretty much in balance I think, does need upping a bit but I'm ok with it being around 7. With the random dosing I'm pretty surprised they are in balance, I just need to keep them like that as the calc reactor will be going back on soon so it will be off to a good start

For now my main concern is the algae growth :(
    [MENTION=11469]swin[/MENTION], don't you have your own tank thread lol ;-)

6. Moneydownthecouch

Moneydownthecouch Registered

It looks like it's coming together, you seem to be a lot happier with it now Big Thumbs Up

7. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

Now that the surge is close to being done I'm finding myself a bit more interested in it again tbh. My next spare money whenever it appears was going on a new turtle beach headset after mine got stood on but think I'm back to spending on the tank again

I think we put them off the cheap price on 6ft tanks btw, was looking last night and price has gone up, special offer came to an end so we got in at the right time ;-)

8. Jay@BurscoughAquatics

Jesus funky turtle beach your well to into that cod.

9. Moneydownthecouch

Boiler maintenance must be paying well.........Turtle Beach indeed :w00t: Don't tell Mrs Couch, she'll be wanting one for he X-Box, think she's addicted.........:whistling:

10. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

Ive not used it for a while so can't speak to my gaming buddies :( its just not the same having the one headphone swinging away below my ear

I might try and epo it, want to see how good the awareness perk is :tongue:

11. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

12. Moneydownthecouch

She's obsessed with Red Dead Redemption. Think she goes into a trance when she's playing :lol:

13. Moneydownthecouch

14. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

Careful phil, bit of role play and she might want you dressed as a cowboy

I used to spend a while shooting birds out of the sky on that, that was trance like

15. Moneydownthecouch

16. Simon@coralsworkshop

ill probably put the surge on the one out front in the clinic as there is more room but ill be going soft in that one so i wont need it to be too powerful. ill be losing one of the mp40s from that tank too so the extra flow would be good.

i think i might build it out the back tho and experiment with it till i get it just right :D

17. zoney

zoney Registered

18. Matt@Epo

for even less money you could just go and get a life :whistling:

19. Funkymonkey

Funkymonkey Registered

Just make a bucket to test out like in that vid I did. Neil could knock one out in about 15minutes

Thered be sump volume etc and noise to take in to account

Tbh it's a similar one to what I've been looking at, that other one is the one I want. Wanting and getting are two different things with my budget :D. No memory foam ear cushions though :(

Think of the fun we could have sat on a couple of gaming chairs in your office, now there's an idea. Salty Box LAN party ;-)

20. Matt@Epo

It's worrying how close you and Neil have become when you live so far away from each other

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice