1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured nitrate

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by djjohny1986, Nov 3, 2010.

1. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

If you can catch any off the fish I'm sure your lfs or a local reefer would take them. How long have you had all the fish in for?

2. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

about 4 mouths but havent lost any thing is this time

3. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

any 1 want any mre pis of my tank ill take 1 wherte was thinking about a sump

4. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

Your tank looks nice but it won't for long if we don't do something about these fish. We are in wigan so you are too far out for us but I'm sure someone closer will help. I think it's great that your helping a friend out but not sure why you think they would have to be killed??? They could easily be given to a local shop or a local reefer. You could put some up in the classifieds section of the forum. Maybethat would be a better option for you rather than adding a sump or upgrading.

Deb

5. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

dont u think adding a sump would make my tank better over all tho

6. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

No1 said you were lying mate. Most test kits are not accurate enough when testing po4. You need hanna or a merc kit.

7. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

just dint want to get rid coz love them all and seem happy with each other i get what u saying tho

8. Evilscoop

Evilscoop Registered

thats a stunning tank, ic why your fighting hard to sort it rather than remove stock

seriously give the bio pearls a try
    http://www.bioaquatek.com/

there is a group buy on atm, good price for them too

9. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

[​IMG]

its only and a foot and a half long tho so not much room

10. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

thanks mate just dont want to move anything as cost me so much to get it how it is now it cost me £900 just for tank and stand then light was on top ect and dont get me started on what ive spent on corals lol hunderds

11. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

Saved in your Watch list |Remove list Added to your ##1 listSaved in -111 listAdded to your Watch listAdded to your Wish listAdded to ##2 listsSaved in -111 lists Added to your ##1 list and 1 other listAdded to your Watch list and 1 other listAdded to ##2 lists and 1 other listAdded to your ##1 list and -111 other lists Added to your Watch list and -111 other lists Added to ##2 lists and -111 other lists Added to your Wish list and 1 other listAdded to your Wish list and -111 other lists
    Please wait
    Image not availableZoomEnlargeMouse here to zoom inPlease waitImage not available

aqua medic SR 400 reactor for marine fish tank
    Item condition: New

Time left: 4d 09h (07 Nov, 201020:19:58 GMT)

Starting bid: £0.99 [ 0 bids ] [Refresh bidhistory]

Place bidPlace bid
    Enter £0.99 or more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    or
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price: £49.99 Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now

Add to listStart of panelAdd to Watch listAdd to Wish ListAdd to ResearchAdd to Gift IdeasAdd to a new listEnd of panel

Voucher:

Postage: £8.99 - Standard Delivery See more services See postal discounts | See all delivery detailsEstimated delivery within 3-4 working days.
    Item location: london, United Kingdom
    Post to: United Kingdom

Payments: | See payment information

Returns: No returns accepted

Shop with confidence. Learn more about eBay Buyer Protection - opens in a new window or tab
    Add to watch list

178 items can still be added to your watchlist.
    Save this seller|Track your items in My eBay
    Seller information
    Member ID onamission125 ( Feedback score of 38)
    95.2% Positive feedback
    Save this seller
    See other items from this seller

Description Postage and payments Share: this item |Print this item - opens in a new window or tab|Report item
    Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.Item number: 320611351341Item specifics
    Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition

Questions and answers about this item
    No questions or answers have been posted about this item.

Ask a question

00044Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
    Postage and packaging
    Item location: london, United Kingdom
    Dispatches to: United Kingdom
    Change country:Show all availableUnited Kingdom Postcode:

Postage and packaging To Service Estimated delivery*
    £8.99 United Kingdom Standard Delivery (Parcelforce 48) 3-4 working days
    after seller receives cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab
    Free local pick up United Kingdom Collection in Person

*The estimated delivery time - opens in a new window or tab is based on the seller's dispatch time, the postal service selected, and when the seller receives cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab. Sellers are not responsible for postal service transit times. Transit times may vary, particularly during peak periods.
    Domestic dispatch time
    Will usually dispatch within 2 working days of receiving cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab.

Return policyThe seller will not accept returns for this item.

Sellers may be required to accept returns for items that are not as described. Learn more about your rights as a buyer.- opens in a new window or tab

Payment details
    Payment method Preferred/Accepted
    Accepted

Immediate payment required for this item.
    Immediate payment of £49.99 is required.This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller.
    Back to My eBay | Sell one like thisReturn to topPopular Products | eBay Pulse | Australia | Austria | Belgium | Canada | France | Germany | India | Ireland | Italy | Netherlands | Poland | Spain | Switzerland | United States
    Shopping | Skype | Paypal | Gumtree

About eBay | Announcements | Buy Hub | Safety Centre | Partner Centre | VeRO: Protecting Intellectual Property | Policies | Feedback Forum | Site Map | Help | eBay official time

would this be any good seen it on ebay

12. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

sorry page dint copy how i thought it would

13. Evilscoop

Evilscoop Registered

understandable tbh
    I lost count of the money after I hit 2k, and gave up counting....
    My crash took out hundreds of pounds worth of corals and was the reason for my neglect till recently....you really dont want to get into the situation I was, I couldnt evan look at the tank, my glass cleaner got so covered in coraline algea it had fused to the glass it was that bad
    20 nitrate isnt all that bad imho....im dealing with 40 atm so dont fret it too much, but you really need to work on it

14. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

To make your tank more stable you need to increase the water volume and so unless you would consider a bigger tank then a sump would be the ideal way to go.

Also I completly understand you like your fish and don't want rid. I was the same bi managed to convince Wayne to upgrade from a tank similar to yours to a 6.6x2x2. Just remember tho, if you don't do something soon you could end up loosing all of your fish.

15. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

To make your tank more stable you need to increase the water volume and so unless you would consider a bigger tank then a sump would be the ideal way to go.

Also I completly understand you like your fish and don't want rid. I was the same bi managed to convince Wayne to upgrade from a tank similar to yours to a 6.6x2x2. Just remember tho, if you don't do something soon you could end up loosing all of your fish.

Deb

16. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

i cant get bigger tank no room do u think i can fit in a small sump in there then

17. deb+wayne

deb+wayne Registered

You could but wouldn't be worth it. Prob only add 25L at the very most. You really only have one option if you are limited on space :wink:

18. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

whats that then

19. djjohny1986

djjohny1986 Registered

couldnt i add a deep sand bed in a sump dont that get nitrates down

20. Evilscoop

Evilscoop Registered

dsb, pearls, nitrate reactor, vodka dosing

All do the same thing in slightly different ways, but ALL encourage bacteria to use up the nitrate........fundamentally pick the one that fits your way of doing things

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice