• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Next Liverpool World Museum Aquarium Meet and Behind Scenes Tour

Funkoid

Registered
Not planning on dropping out just yet, all I seem to do on here :-(

Just wanted to warn you there is a risk I'll have to be at home all weekend. The cat has had a tumour removed yesterday and is having to be fed through a tube at the moment, doesn't look like we'll be getting her back to the house until tomorrow at the earliest as which point we're going to have to monitor her feeding and/or feed her via tube, not fun :(

Will drop you a message first thing Saturday at the latest to say whether trace and I will be there are 4. Sorry to arse around but genuinely won't know until then :(

LittleOcean

Registered
Last minute change Paul, can I add a potential 3? Ie other half and two kids.. But can I leave it till last minute ? Ie if the kids are too tired by then they'll just go off and have some grub leaving me to it ..

PaulTys

Registered
Last minute change Paul, can I add a potential 3? Ie other half and two kids.. But can I leave it till last minute ? Ie if the kids are too tired by then they'll just go off and have some grub leaving me to it ..
No problem at all mate, it would be lovely to meet them.

PaulTys

Registered
Not planning on dropping out just yet, all I seem to do on here :-(

Just wanted to warn you there is a risk I'll have to be at home all weekend. The cat has had a tumour removed yesterday and is having to be fed through a tube at the moment, doesn't look like we'll be getting her back to the house until tomorrow at the earliest as which point we're going to have to monitor her feeding and/or feed her via tube, not fun :(

Will drop you a message first thing Saturday at the latest to say whether trace and I will be there are 4. Sorry to arse around but genuinely won't know until then :(
sorry to hear this, hope you can make it of course but hope the little fella is OK even more.

mo_bhaiyat

Registered
I haven't got anything I can really donate except a few hermit crabs, are they any good to you?? Also I won't be staying for drinks, gotta get home to the kids.

PaulTys

Registered
I haven't got anything I can really donate except a few hermit crabs, are they any good to you?? Also I won't be staying for drinks, gotta get home to the kids.
There's always your LFS ; ) But please don't worry, just bring yourself. And thanks for letting me know about the drinks.

I think I won't reserve anywhere and just see how it goes.

Neil

Registered
Sorry again for not being able to make this to much work on and simon had been ill and nit been at work for two week its a shame as we both had a goid time at the last one

tiler

Registered
Sorry late call but will not make this now due to work and a kids party. Joy's of self-employed :-(
Enjoy

Funkoid

Registered
We've literally had her back from the vets a couple of hours, tube feeding is going surprisingly well but we're having to medicate every four hours staggered with the food, it's a job that's taking both of us too, so I'm gutted to say I can't make it :-(

yje7ame7.jpg

Poor cat :-(

Sorry for any inconvenience caused at your end [MENTION=16343]PaulTys[/MENTION], if there is a funds pool going for donations or that let me know and I'll drop some cash your way tomorrow morning. If I don't see you before the big trip begins either have a brilliant time, it'll be one hell of an experience!

PaulTys

Registered
Sorry again for not being able to make this to much work on and simon had been ill and nit been at work for two week its a shame as we both had a goid time at the last one
No problem mate. I know what life is like. A shame though would of loved to catch up before I move away. I'll make sure we meet up when I get back.

We've literally had her back from the vets a couple of hours, tube feeding is going surprisingly well but we're having to medicate every four hours staggered with the food, it's a job that's taking both of us too, so I'm gutted to say I can't make it :-(

yje7ame7.jpg

Poor cat :-(

Sorry for any inconvenience caused at your end @PaulTys, if there is a funds pool going for donations or that let me know and I'll drop some cash your way tomorrow morning. If I don't see you before the big trip begins either have a brilliant time, it'll be one hell of an experience!
Dont worry, some things are definitely more important. Hope it all Work's out

Andi

Registered
I don't believe it! I can't come as my wifes taken a turn for the worse. She has some health issues but had been pretty good for a while, but today she looks absolute sh*te. I don't feel it right to make her come & I'm certainly not going to leave her on her own while I s*d off out enjoying myself. My questions about nudibranches will have to wait. I'm really very sorry at not being able to attend but I hope you all understand.

halsteadmark

Registered
Morning Gents, really sorry I wont be able to make it over today to the event, My foster son decided to abscond yesterday which is totally out of charcter for him, and has still not returned home, police are our looking for him as we speak, weve had a sleepless night and are really worried.. hope the event goes well, we was really looking forward to the tour and meeting up with everyone, hopefully all will be well and we will meet up at Cockfields Farm on the 18th. Thanks Mark.

PaulTys

Registered
I don't believe it! I can't come as my wifes taken a turn for the worse. She has some health issues but had been pretty good for a while, but today she looks absolute sh*te. I don't feel it right to make her come & I'm certainly not going to leave her on her own while I s*d off out enjoying myself. My questions about nudibranches will have to wait. I'm really very sorry at not being able to attend but I hope you all understand.
No problem Andi, your wifes health is far more important. I hope she makes a good recovery.

Morning Gents, really sorry I wont be able to make it over today to the event, My foster son decided to abscond yesterday which is totally out of charcter for him, and has still not returned home, police are our looking for him as we speak, weve had a sleepless night and are really worried.. hope the event goes well, we was really looking forward to the tour and meeting up with everyone, hopefully all will be well and we will meet up at Cockfields Farm on the 18th. Thanks Mark.
Thanks for letting me know, I hope he turns up of course and everything turns out ok.

Last edited:

tanktests

Registered
Just on the way into Liverpool now, going to go for something to eat with the Mrs and pop over at 4:30..

Dont think I'll have time for drinks afterwards tho as it's my brother in laws birthday and they are having a bit of a BBQ / party (which starts at 3pm but I'll just arrive late).

PaulTys

Registered
Well a big thanks to those of you who came tonight and also brought some lovely corals along. I hope you all enjoyed your evening and a look at the goings on behind the scenes.

Really disappointed that only 12 of the 45 turned up and most didn't even let me know which is frankly quite rude.

But there we go, had a lovely evening with the lovely people who were here and that's me. The last salty box Liverpool museum meet.

Next stop st helena!

Wkil

Registered
Hi Paul
Had a great time, many thanks for organising the event. Good to meet up with some of the others from here.
All the best for your future endeavors - Mrs K is still volunteering to carry your bags :)

Cheers
Wayne & Carole

LittleOcean

Registered
Thanks for taking the time to show us all around Paul, it was again very interesting!, feeding the Archer fish was very cool!! no matter how much I tried to push those last few cockroaches down that branch they weren't having any of it!

Kids loved it too, out of the bug house, dinosaurs and Aquarium they said they liked the aquarium best :clap:, (didn't have time to visit the rest that's for another trip!)

Was good to see all the corals in the displays, and plenty more waisting in the wings now, had to shoot off at the end as standing room only with the kids in the pub wasn't going to work,

Thanks again, and all the best with your endeavours at St.Helena, I note from google earth there's a museum there too ;-)

MikP

Registered
Thanks Paul, a very interesting afternoon. Good to met folks who share the same affliction. All the best on St. Helena send us a postcard :)