1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

My tank

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by vikkibolo, Aug 24, 2009.

1. vikkibolo

vikkibolo Registered

Tank details110l 2ft x 1.5ft x 2ftred sea prizm skimmerfluval 205 external filter2x 300w heaters3000l/ph power headinternal uv steralizer16kg live rocktank inhabitants2 common clowns3 green chromis1 coral beauty1 pacific sailfin tang1 cleaner shrimp1 large red leg hermit2 baby red leg hermits2 mexican turbo snails1 small turbo snail1 pink cuc (very lazy!!)I did just write a long account but computer crashed it so this will be shorter.When I purchased the tank it had been set up for about 12mths and had 10kg lr and a midnight angel and 4 striped humbug, after tank had settled for a week I added a Yellow tang and blue cheek gobi and then a royal gramma.  To cut a long story short I had a white spot wipe out leaving me with just the inverts I had added.  After adding a uv steriliser and waiting about 4 weeks I added the fish above  in two batches and fingers crossed they seem happy enough.On sat I added my first 2 corals.

BEFORE THE TANG POLICE SHOUT I DO INTEND TO UPGRADE THE TANK SIZE AS SHE GETS BIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. vikkibolo

vikkibolo Registered

will add some pics later, as going out and having got photos on computer am now having great probs uploading photos to here just keeps talling me picture is invalid

3. Kev

Kev Registered

Forget the Tang police. They don't exist here. Its the no picture police you need to be wary of here. GET SOME PICS POSTED PLEASE. :))) :))

4. northernmonkey

northernmonkey Registered

:-:eek: Very true Kev . Vikki we won't be here to shout at you . Maybe a bit of advice at times but you will never get slated :--

5. vikkibolo

vikkibolo Registered

Thats good to know will try and get pics up later will try them on desktop did not have much luck on laptop!!!

6. Kev

Kev Registered

PICS still waiting. :))

7. vikkibolo

vikkibolo Registered

At last

8. vikkibolo

vikkibolo Registered

a bit more

9. vikkibolo

vikkibolo Registered

and a bit more, may take some more at weekend

10. Kev

Kev Registered

Thanks for sharing. Some lovely colour in the live rock.

11. Boxing Shrimp

Boxing Shrimp Registered

The sailfin looks very nice :--

12. vikkibolo

vikkibolo Registered

I've put some more photos up of the new corals I have put in. My husband and I brought 3 last mon for our wedding annaversary and I brought another one yesterday. Any help Identifing the orange one and the one that looks like candy floss would be great.

13. vikkibolo

vikkibolo Registered

next one

14. northernmonkey

northernmonkey Registered

I'm bad with names but I think the 2nd one is flouro candy cane 3rd is GSP . Not sure on the others but they look cool :--

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice