1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

My downgrade thread

Discussion in 'Large Tanks (101gal+)' started by boohaven, Jan 2, 2010.

1. boohaven

boohaven Registered

Ok so some people may think downgrading could be simple ..... maby but im doing it so thers noting easy about this [005.gif]

I now have a 6,2,2.5 tank its a monster stands 6ft3 tall from the floor and im only 5ft nothing [016.gif] its become a nightmare and im planiing on moving at some point this year so i think now is the time to get something i can move with me .

The main problem is my tank is a full reef , im swaping it for my dads 4,2,2 full reef my tank ( only the glass tank ) took 8 men to lift it onto the stand as its 15mm glass .

So this is going to be an interesting job hehe

All my fish apart from my unusually friendley blue damsel are in QT awaiting there new home [016.gif] .

I plan on keeping it s a soft coral and lps tank and pan to stock these fish .

Set of 4 diamond head anthias .
    Mystery wrasse
    black tang
    pair of picasso clowns
    pistol/goby pair
    red scooter blenny
    4 yelow bean gobys
    the cuc from my old tank is loads of hermits and snails 2 cleaner shrimps 3 pepermint shrimps , and a mated pair of boxers ....im not to sure if the cleaners and boxers wil be ok in a smaller tank together any thoughts ?

I wil take pics of this all happening this will be funny [001_tt2.gif]

2. boohaven

boohaven Registered

Well just an update .

Today i have started to take all the cuc out of the tank i carnt believe how quik i have done some things [001_rolleyes.gif]

I now onley need to get rid of some rock and i an shut the ain down [blink.gif] now its scary and looks shoot .
    when the nano has setled and the main has also settled i will post some pis how how bad things look .

3. boohaven

boohaven Registered

Today i toped up the water so i could remove about 70k of lr from the tank took the rock to my dads to store

Good thing is i found my pistol shrimp :))) he was shoooting about at the bottom of the rock vat bad thing is i have also taken out one of my boxing shrips ( i have no idea why he didnt let go ) but he didnt make he gourney up in the rock vat so quite sad as they loked great together [sad.gif]

Tank looking a total mess still got to put another 50k lr in a vat to take away tomorow and then i can catch the last 2 fish put them in the nano and shut main down hat a brill day off work im having [crying.gif]

4. gillyspot

gillyspot Registered

Sounds like a really fun day for you. [002.gif]

I hope the rest of the move goes ok in your downgrade

Gill

5. northernmonkey

northernmonkey Registered

Got a fair bit done there Emma . Nice one . I'm sure once all is back together it will look great [thumbup.gif]

6. boohaven

boohaven Registered

Thanks guys
    Well with the weather today i carnt take my rock out there is no way my lift will drive in this at all .

so i may go look at the fish in the local fish shops with the kids ( as school has been closed ) and see if there is anything else i like to add to my stocking plans .

Im not sure hat way to add the fish i was thinking the anthias first as they are peacefull , but as i only want to add the one tang and one wrasse and i know i want softies and lps so got to come up with some lists for these 2 .

I love duncans , sollys , and candyanes cockfields have a stunning bubble in at the mo and some nice zoa frags so ill keep my eye on them .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice